7- Bringing Back Star

They sat in the highest bucket on the adandoned Ferris wheel. Jackie looked In awe above the whole empty park, the cool crisp air moving the bucket slightly. It was a much longer climb then Marco had expected, he almost felt hesitant to continue the trek, but of course Jackie was having the time of her life.

"Marc, this is the best date I've ever been on." Jackie said quietly as she continued to look over the edge of the creaking bucket. Date? Marco tried to recall the time he called this situation a date, nothing coming to mind.
"I had no idea you were so... Bad." Jackie turned Towards Marco, putting on a flirtatious tone.

"What can I say? I guess I've just been holding back." Marco laughed as Jackie came even closer to the boy. She grabbed his arms and looked Marco up and down. She then smiled.

"How'd you even find this place?" She almost whispered in Marcos ear, as heat rose to his face.

"A few months ago, I came up here to overcome my fear of heights. I had some help." Marco whispered back.

"Oh yeah? From who?" Jackie replied, running a finger down Marcos chest.

Marco looked at Jackie, as a blush continued to creep up his cheeks.
"Star Butterfly." Marco replied shallowly, the words getting stuck on his tongue.
"Actually, she dragged me up here, using her magic. Trust me, I didn't even want to break in! I was absolutely scared shitless!" Marcos laugh started to grow as he looked down to the ground, a large smile emerging on his face. Slowly his expression changed to a serious one.
"She helped me through so many things." He spoke his thoughts, as Jackie was still playing with Marcos shirt. Marco then grabbed her arms, pulling her head to face his, stopping her from her current activity.
"Including you." He looked at Jackie, his words soft and calm. Jackie looked at him with a confused look on her face. She then giggled and brought her face to his, connecting their lips. Marcos eyes grew wide, as Jackie started to move her lips against his. He tried to enjoy it, but he just couldn't. This wasn't how he though his first kiss would turn out, then again, how did he expect it to go. Definitely not with Jackie Lynn Thomas.
"Jackie listen." He sighed, pulling away from the smooch.
"I've loved you forever, since I can remember... But I just-" Marco ended his sentence looking at the now angered girl.
"It doesn't feel right."

"Oh really? Then who does it feel right with? Star Butterfly?" Jackie replied, her hands on her hips, eyebrows narrow.
Marco looked down in thought, smiling after a moment.
"You've got to be kidding me! Isn't she like your roommate?" Jackie asked, her face looking sour.

"She more then that." Marco shrugged, a smug smile stretched across his face as blush grew over his cheeks.
The Ferris wheel bucket swayed slightly in the wind.

"Then what are you doing?! Go get her." Jackie slapped Marcos arm, pointing to he direction of his house. Marco popped his leather collar, leaning in to kiss Jackie cheek. He the proceeded to confidently climb down the large wheel.

Marco finally hit the ground, Jackie soon after. Marco looked up at the disappointed girl.

"Thank you for understanding." Marco smiled at Jackie.

"Your welcome Bad Boy Marco." Jackie winked, and continued to walk the other direction, leaving Marco alone in the dark empty park. What did he just do? He turned down his one chance to have the girl he'd be chasing since he was in kindergarten! And for what?!

Marcos face went from angered, back to happy as her name bounced around in his thoughts.
Star Butterfly. Princess of Mewni. Princess.
It wasn't until then did Marco realize how long it's been since he's said her name. How long he's been a dick to her, just because she granted a stupid spell on him. It was still Marco, how could he be so rude to the one thing he needed most in his life?

..

"Marco? Are you  alright sweetie? We bought you almond ice-cream!" Mrs Diaz yelled as Marco bursts into the household.

"Not now mom!" Marco replied breathlessly, sprinting up the stairs.

"Where are you going?!" His mother cried in worry, as Marco flew out of her view up the stairs.

It was only a moment until Marcos goofy face peered over the top of the staircase looking down at his mom.
"I'm getting Star back." He smiled and disappeared once more.

"That's my son." Mrs Diaz crossed her arms and snickered, glad Marco was finally acting like Marco once more.

Marco looked over himself in the full length mirror, checking how he looked before to went to Star. His hair was a disaster, as strands pointed here and there. His face was covered with mud and bruises. He's jeans were soaked. He'd sprinted home, just so he didn't have to waste a second longer not to see Star. He wasn't going to waste more time on stupid stuff, like finding a clean outfit.

Marco stood outside Stars open porch window, holding the 'Hell bell' in one hand and the tiny stick in the other. The Latino boy then stopped himself, thinking this decision over.
If he went back for Star, he'd allow for her to change him back. The glorious reputation he'd make for himself at school would be demolished. He'd never have another chance with Jackie. He'd have to make up for all the ignoring he'd done to his best friends Ferguson and Alfonso. And worst of all, he'd have to explain the whole ordeal to his parents and apologize to everyone.
Marco scrunched his nose in thought of all the negative results.
On the other hand, he'd get Star back.

Marco laughed out loud as he realized how stupid he was for this decision he was making, as he hit the bell with the stick. The ringing noise filled the girly room, as a carriage lifted up from the ground, awaiting Marco. Time to bring back Star.