5-Tom

Star stood next to her open window, with two suitcases overflowing with her stuff. She pulled out a piece of paper, scribbling something down. Finally she left the note on her bed, and walked over to the 'hell bell'. Tom gave her this bell a year ago when he invited her to the blood moon ball. Every time she would ring it, a carriage from the underworld would appear to bring her down. Star sighed, then lifted the bell. Star took the little stick, to which she tapped lightly to the brass bell, causing a quiet ringing noise to fill her room. She ran up to her giant open window, awaiting the carriage.

It only took a few seconds for the dark carriage to arise to her feet. The maroon carriage was decorated with black lace. Large bones were placed around the top. The coachman was a hooded giant, the horses made only of bone.

"Thank you!" Star put on a fake smile as she jumped into the open entrance to the black leather seat. Star watched out the door as the carriage drifted down away from her window ledge. Sorry Marco. She thought as the wooden vehicle disappeared into the ground.

The whole underworld area looked quite different since Star last saw it. Sure, there was still fire, and weapons everywhere... But the citizens never looked... happier? There were parks, houses, and even facilities created for the under world creatures... They were civilized now. Star sat there with a genuine smile across her face, she loved seeing people happy.

Slowly the carriage drifted to a halt at the end of a long strip. Star grabbed her luggage, and hopped out, waving a cheery bye to the carriage crew.

"A visitor? I didn't call for anyone today..." A teenage voice boomed from the house connected to the strip. The tall figure walked out of the double door entrance connected to the house. He stopped and looked down the lane.
"Star?" He yelled, a smile etched on his face.
Star waved her wand and wished up a unicorn, to which it rode to the end of the rocky strip. The unicorn then disappeared as Star pointed her wand at the magical creature. She walked up to her ex demon boyfriend. All three of his three red eyes seemed to light up as Star looked at him.

"What a surprise! Wow uh- jeez. Welcome back to the underworld! As you can see I've done some changes!" Tom smiled as he pulled an arm around his neck, looking around the dark, ablaze place.

"I noticed, it looks great Tom." Star smiled as she elbowed Toms arm. Tom laughed in response and looked back down at the cheery girl.

"Where are my manners, come on in!" Tom said as he walked through the open doors, which led to a gigantic open space. The ceiling was incredibly high, as bone chandeliers dangled. There was a single leather couch and table in the middle. Bookshelves lined the place, and a ginormous rug was placed in the centre of the room, making the wooden floor almost invisible. There were two other doorways, both were blocked off by two guards, who were wearing sliver knight armour. The whole room was lit up by a large fireplace located near one of the doorways, and a few candles here and there. For that kind of lighting system, it was shockingly bright.
"Welcome to my humble abode!" Tom beamed, proudly sticking his arms out to show the area.

"Holy Haliey this place is huge." Star said in awe, still looking at the chandeliers on the ceiling. As she looked back down, she noticed Tom was on his couch, he patted the spot next to him. Star walked over and sat down, holding her hands in her lap.

"So what's up Star?" He asked in concern.

"What? Can I not visit an old friend?" Star argued. Tom looked to the ground then back up at Star.

"Come on Star." His face displayed 'are you kidding me' as he knew Star would never come to the underworld for no reason.

" I need a place to stay. I can't go back home or my mom might send me away." Star responded, knowing lying wasn't going to work. 

"Why? Don't you live with that Mexican kid?" Tom asked annoyed, refusing to say his name.

"He doesn't want me there anymore." Star sighed, as Toms face grew even angrier. He then stood up in a fury, his eyes fully red.

"What a little asshole!" He barked as his hair ignited in flames. Star stood up and slapped Tom right across the face, which made him instantly lose his temper. He looked crossly at her, confused.

"Your temper was the whole reason we broke up Tom." She spoke sternly, her arms crossed.

"I know I know. Trust me, I've gotten a lot better... It's just, when I hear about someone mistreating you... It makes me want to..." Tom made his hands look as though he was holding something, a hand jerked in one direction, signalling pulling a head off.
"I'm going to pay him a visit." Tom deepened his voice as he rolled up his white sleeves.

"Tom, come on. I didn't come here for you to stand up for me!" Star shouted as the teenage demon walked towards the strip. It took Star a few more moments for her to realize he couldn't be convinced other wise.
If you can't beat them, join them.
She ran behind Tom, as they both sat in the newly arrived carriage.
"Just don't hurt him... Okay?" Star commanded as she looked at the pissed boy. Tom looked down at her, simply nodding his head.

Maybe Tom could knock some sense into Marco. Star didn't know what else to do. This seemed as good a plan as any. She closed her eyes in worry as the carriage took off, flying upwards into the surface.