1-Single Wish

"Marco." Star used her wand to lightly tap Marcos arm, which was dangling off his bed.
"Mmmmmmaaaarrrrrcoooo." She whispered more aggressively, peering over the edge of the mattress. It finally occurred to her that Marco was in a deep slumber. She leaped on top of him and started to jump.
"WAKE UP BIRTHDAY BOY!" She screamed, her feet coming in repeated contact with his chest. In a fury, the brunette boy lifted up gasping for air, as Star climbed down from him. He quickly shot looks across his disorganized room, trying to grasp the sudden interruption. Finally he turned his attention to the perky, wide smile star, gripping her wand in both hands, hopping up and down in excitement. Marco raised a finger to question her, but Star instantly interrupted.
"You're fifteen now Marco! How could you sleep so long knowing it's your birthday?!" Marco glanced at his alarm clock, which read '6:23'.

"How long have you been up Star?" Marco asked, rubbing his eyes.

"All night, I've been trying to find the perfect gift for you. Then finally, BAM it hit me!" Star threw her arms in the air emphasizing her excitement.

"Uh huh, and what's that." Marco shared little interest as he peeled himself off his bed and pulled on his red hoodie.

"MARCO DIAZ, I GRANT YOU A SINGLE WISH." Star lifted her wand, standing tall and proud, almost like a statute. Marco continued to rummage through his drawers, throwing socks and shirts behind him. Star held her solid position, awaiting Marcos response. After a few minutes of zero attention, star walked over to the distracted Marco.
"So, what do you want your wish to be?" Star said hesitantly, waving the wand vigorously in the air.

"Mhmm? Oh, how about we talk about it later. I've got to get ready for Jackie." Marco stopped rummaging and turned to Star, putting his arms on her shoulders. Star winced slightly at the contact.
"Today's the day Star... everything's been going great between me and her... it's time for the most risky step." Marco looked down, taking a breath in, "I'm going to ask Jackie Lynn Thomas out on a date." He exhaled, and continued digging through his messy drawers.

"Oh, that's... That's great Marco! Really, I can't believe your ready to do something so- but Marco..." Star changed the subject, "So the wish, when do you plan on making one?" Star spoke up, hoping she would grab his interest.

"Why don't we talk about it after school." Marco said as he pulled a cardigan on and looked in the mirror.
"What'd you think Star? You think she'll like it?" Marco kept his focus on is outfit, turning to check it from all angles.

"Well duh, your Marco Diaz! You can rock anything!" Star smiled.

"Awe thanks Star! See, this is why guys need female friends, they really know their stuff!" Marco shot two pointer fingers at Star and disappeared from the door. He sprinted to the bathroom to do who knows what. Star looked down to the stain on Marcos carpet. Probably from the time Ferguson spilt soda because he was laughing so hard at a cat video. The time before Marco was obsessed with Jackie. Star sighed and slumbered down the staircase, getting ready for another uneventful day of zero learning and constant talk about Jackie Lynn Thomas.

..

"Perfect timing." Marco glanced at his phone, and he positioned himself against his locker. Star followed closely behind, watching the nervous Marco making sure everything was perfect.

"Oh no Marco." Star suddenly gasped.

"WHAT? What? Is my hair not gelled right? Is my shirt wrinkled? DO I SMELL LIKE B.O BECAUSE IM SWEATING A STORM STAR!" Marco screamed as he spun around to Star.

"THERES A STAIN ON YOUR SHIRT!" Star screamed back pointing the the left side of his cardigan. Instantly Marco grabbed his cardigan, and pulled it to the indicated spot, desperately looking for the stain.

"SHE CANT SEE ME IN A STAINED SHIRT! SHE'LL THINK IM MESSY! OVER NINE YEARS WORK OF FLIRTING DOWN THE DRAIN!" Marco contained tugging and his cardigan having no luck finding the spot.

"Hahaha I was kidding you big goof! You look good!" Star smiled and grasped his shoulder, causing Marco to stop his fury and stare at her with aloof in his eyes.
"Well, you used to. Now you look like a crazy person." She noted as she pointed to his messed hair and wide eyes. Marcos unimpressed face went unnoticed as he positioned himself up again on the locker. Star continued her laughing, awaiting a similar response back from the boy. She then realized he didn't think it was as funny as she did.
"Sorry Marco. I just thought you could use some humour to loosen you up a bit." Star grabbed the upper part of his arm, but he quickly pulled it away.

"Star, you know how long I've waited for this moment! This isn't time for jokes." He said over his shoulder, avoiding turning towards Star. Star shoulders dropped, and smile faded as she realized she hasn't heard Marco talk to her like that since the Sandwich related fight. And sure, she knows how hard he's been working for this moment, but he's not being fair. His world has been revolving around Jackie for the last year, sometimes Star feels like she's been forgotten.
"Ah! Here she comes." Marcos voice crackled as he observed the skateboarding blonde. As Jackie approached, as stopped her board, and walked up to the smiling Marco.

"Hey Marco! What's up with the fancy get-up?" Jackie looked him up and down.

"Well uh, actually about that." Marco smiled and nervously grabbed his arm.
"See, well, I've been really enjoying your company. And I think you're great. Like amazing great. And, ya know, I'd really like if we could be... A little more." Marcos hands were flying in the air as he tried to explain what he meant. "I just feel like we have a connection that I don't have with anyone else an-"

"MARCOS ASKING JACKIE OUT!" A sudden voice boomed from behind Marco. It wasn't until now did he realize the crowd that had built up around him, Jackie, and Star. Marco's cheeks instantly turned red.

"Is that true Marco? Are you asking me out?" Jackie leaned closer to Marco, clearly anticipating his answer.

"NO! Well actually y- I guess I mean-"

"Marco would never ask a girl like Jackie out, only a guy with balls could do something like that! " The random voices continued.

"Ya! Like a bad boy! Marco's a safe kid. He's the total opposite!" Another voice responded.
Embarrassment swept through Marcos body, as he turned back to Jackie.

"Se-see you tomorrow." He stammered and sprinted outside of the crowd. Star tried to grab Marco, but missed. She then looked up to the crowd.

"That wasn't very nice of you guys." Star yelled, pointing her wand towards the group, threatening them. She then retaliated, putting her wand down and turned directions.
"Marco, WAIT!" She pushed out of the crowd seeking her heart broken friend.