Why Dionysus and Hephaetus are fucking canon

*When Hephaetus first joined the olympians, he got revenge on Hera by strapping her to a chair with ropes that only he could untie, then proceeded to disguise himself as a mortal and live in Athens. All the other gods, sans Hera for obvious reasons, tried to convince him, but he wasn't having it. They all thought they lost hope but then Dionysus went 'let me try'. So he went down to Hephaetus, and heph was suspicious at first, but Dionysus told him that he only wanted to keep him company. A few drinks later, along with Heph spilling his feelings, Dionysus gently convinced him to untie his mother.

*When Aphrodite came to Olympus and everyone wanted to marry her, Zeus decided to marry her to Hephaetus, because there would be no jealousy, as it would be like a joke. When he announced the marriage, Dionysus immediately just went 'no that's a terrible idea'.

*When Typhon attacked, the gods fled to Egypt, turning into animals. Hephaetus and Dionysus took the forms of a lion and lioness.(and are said to have became Shuu and Tefnut of Egyptian Mythology)

*Should I even mention the myth where Dionysus tries to conquer India and Hephaetus just helps him??

*In ancient greece, if members of the cult of Dionysus visited a temple to Hephaetus, it was considered a very good omen. It symbolized that the only God who could break Hephaetus's cold nature and make him kind was visiting, which meant a large possibility of luck in metalworking.

*Its common to also sacrifice to Hephaetus at a Dionysus cult ritual. Because of you sacrifice to the God he's closest to, he'll surely feel fond.

*Dionysus is depicted wearing lots of rings and jewlery. I wonder who gave him that stuff...

*Hephaetus would make mechanical animals for those he cared for or particularly liked. Dionysus has a herd of gold lions and silver zebras.