Chapter seventeen

LUCY'S P.O.V.

I've been really depressed lately, my family is crumbling with no sign of healing. I still just don't get it everything is "Supposed to fall into place" Why is everything falling apart?

In order to have a simple bit of fun, I suppose a little spying on my siblings might cheer me up.

I get off my bed, and look in the mirror. I have constantly had red strikes on my face for the past few days. It's no secret I've been crying myself to sleep. I brush my hair back in a braid, and walk out the door. I walk down stairs to commence spying on Edmund, (Because if he finds out he just laughs) When I see Susan instead. She's talking to someone I've never seen and she looks as if she's about to burst into tears. I'm trying to be as quiet as possible, not to hear them but to not be seen by them. Honestly this looks serious so I probably shouldn't spy on them. 

"Lucy, I know you're back there." I hear Susan say. I stand up slowly.

"Sorry." I say sheepishly. 

"It's fine Lu." Susan smiles and motions me over.

"This is my new friend, Lina."

"Nice to meet you Lina." I say in my best lady-like voice.

"Good day queen Lucy." She says.

"Queen Susan and I were just discussing maters on-" Susan shoots her a glance as if she is saying "I thought I told you to keep quiet". 

"We were discussing matters on the new dinner courses." Lina saves herself.

"Ah, I see. Well I have to be off, my seventeen year old spying duties are creeping in. Has anyone seen Edmund by any chance?" I say.

Both girls just smile and giggle. 

"He went that way Lu," Susan said laughing while pointing her finger to the door. "Have  fun."

I ran out the door there I found Ed and Peter sword fighting. 

"Getting a little fencing in are we." I say with a sweet smile.

"Hey look who finally woke up! Did Prince charming come give you a kiss, sleeping beauty?" Edmund teased.

"I'll have you know I was not asleep that whole time." I roll my eyes.

In one motion Peter disarms Ed.

"Oh come on Ed! I could do better then that!" I tease.

"Is that a challenge?" 

"Why I suppose 'tis." I say fancily.

"Well then," Peter said handing me the sword, "You might be needing this." 

"Thank you, Pete." I say curtsying.

"Would you like me to take it easy on you Luce?" I roll my eyes and say.

"Are you sure it's not me taking it easy on you?"

"Haha very funny." Edmund rolls his eyes once more.

Peter is laughing hysterically in the background quite amused by this whole thing.

Edmund goes full force on me and I jerk back.

"HOLY COW!" I exclaim,"What are you trying to do, hurt me?"

"Not so bad after all, am I?" He say's cockly.

"Oh that's what you think." I say with a smirk.

I'm not sure what's happening exactly but, I'm swinging the sword as I hear, CLING, CLANG, of the swords hitting each other. As I fight the braid my hair is in falls out sending my hair flying through the air. Movements flash before me eyes and before I know it, I see Edmund's sword fly backwards and stick straight in the ground. Edmund's awestruck and Peter's just about doubled over laughing. 

"What on earth Lucy!" Edmund screams. "Are you taking swordplay lessons behind my back or something?!" He is laughing as he chokes this out.

"You mean, you didn't take it easy on me." I ask.

"Not a smidgen."

"Suppose we should help Peter?" I say as I nod my head towards Peter who is now literally laying on the ground laughing. 

Edmund just nods his head and we walk over to help.