Chapter twelve

SUSAN'S P.O.V.

I'm starting to get a little worried, Ed and Lu are defiantly up to something. All last night Lucy's light was on and I could hear Edmund, Jill, Eustace and she snickering in the bed room getting their master plan all organized I presume, maybe I know them to well...

I am sitting next to Reepicheep in my study, we are scouring threw books trying to find Reep's favorite "The courage of a mouse is stronger than a lion." Yeah I think Reepicheep takes pride in being a talking mouse. Oh well not the point.

"Ah I found it your Majesty!" I hear Reepicheep's pipping voice shout out  from behind a shelf.

I walk over and take the large book from his small paws. On the cover is a talking mouse with his sword drawn with a lion beside him, but the mouse is larger and towering over the mouse sized lion, with the title printed in gold on the top. I laugh slightly then hold the book besides Reepicheep. I glance at the cover then at him.

"Oh Reep," I say quietly, "You could be twins, full of courage."

Reepicheep just smiles.

"So how is the family crises going?" 

"Well like any crises, horrible."

"I am truly sorry your majesty that was an inappropriate and stupid question."

"Oh it's fine I know what you meant."

I was reading the first page of the book when my study door swings open and crashes against the wall causing me to jump up and turn around. There was Edmund, Eustace, Jill and of course Lucy, standing in the door way holding scrolls, maps and charts.

"What on earth are you up to!" I ask confused.

"We have a plan, Su, Peter won't win this fight." Said Lucy with excitement in her eyes.

"Lucy, we can't fight for this, he won't change his mind and we will just make him more mad."

"But Su! You don't understand this isn't a battle plan."

"I don't care it doesn't matter, I will take no part in this."

"Bu-" 

"No Lucy, I say as I walk towards the door."

"What about stand up for what is right even if your standing alone! Huh?"

"Lucy its good, but this isn't right."

"How would you know?" Asked Lucy very frustrated, it reminds me of the day no one believed her when she said the wardrobe took her to Narnia. "You didn't even let us discuss the plan!"

As much as I hate to say it, sadly I do because stupid Tash won't leave my mind alone, "That's enough, Lucy." Now i realize that was the worst possible thing I could have said because I look in Lucy's eyes she's looking down and quickly scanning her surrounding as if she's horrified and I can tell what she's thinking about. My disbelief, the moment she looked back in the room on her way to the professors. Me not being thrilled to return the second time and finally our first "That's enough Lucy" moment and her "I wouldn't lie about this!" protest.

"I'm sorry Lucy, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that."

Lucy's head snaps up  sending her out of her trance all though her eyes still have that "out of it" kinda of look.

"Yeah it's fine." She says still looking at the ground. In one sudden movement still staring at the ground Lucy pushes past me and quickly exits the room.

"Su?!" Edmund looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Sorry." I say shrugging I really don't understand whats going on.

Edmund gets exactly what I am thinking by my facial expression and he nods.

They walk back to Lucy's room while I secretly watch from behind the door. Lucy is angrily throwing all their charts and maps into a trunk.

" Lucy!" says Edmund as he runs over to her and lays a hand on her shoulder. She spun around quickly tears streaming down her cheeks making her whole face wet, not to mention the red strikes from the previous tears. She is rapidly gasping for air as Edmund tries to calm her down. Soon he noticed that this is no use so he quickly pulls her into a tight hug. Lucy squeezes her eyes closed as she cries more and Edmund gently says "It's okay it's not over."

I slowly step in the room, causing Edmund to release Lucy from her hug and they both turn around.

"Are you alright Luce?" I ask gently. Lucy sniffles and wipes her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she says. I come and open my arms for a hug and she throws herself into it as she squeezes her eyes closed again and cries.

"I'm so sorry..." I whisper.

"It's okay..." I hear back.