Chapter fourteen

SUSAN'S P.O.V.

As horrible as I feel about it, I just can't help them with their plan. If Peter knew I had something to do with it well I'd be doomed. I don't want to make Peter mad, but I know I can't stop Lucy and Edmund from doing this or Lucy's faith really will shatter and that I could not live with. It's time for supper. I walk slowly down the long stair case. When I reach the bottom, I am greeted by Eustace. 

"Milady." He said while helping me down the last stairs.

"Why thank you Eustace." I say.

"Anything for Susan the gentle one of the four kings and queens of old."

"Oh, Eustace, I am no longer a queen you know." I say gently and sadly.

"No, no, not so," said Eustace shaking his head, "Once a king or queen of Narnia always a king or queen!" he said enthusiastically.

"Thank you Eustace."

We all met at the table and ate delicious foods. It was quiet and no words were spoken.

"So," said Jill softly breaking the silence. "How are you today King Peter?"

"Oh just planing the ceremony."

"In all do respect Sir, but do you really think this ceremony is the best thing for us?"

"Yes Jill, I do." Said Peter sternly, between his teeth.

"But," Jill continued.

"What is she doing!" Lucy whispered to Edmund with shakiness in her voice.

"Jill!" Peter snapped, "I have made up my mind."

"Peter!" I yell, Jill sinks into her chair red in the face, "That was completely un- called for, she was simply making sure you knew what you were doing." "She is only sixteen!"

Before Peter could start Reepicheep spoke up, "Calm please my king and queen."

Jill's eyes were filling with tears of embarrassment. Lucy looked at Peter with her soft eyes, filled with disappointment.

Peter excused himself.

"Don't worry Jill." Said Lucy rubbing Jill's arm.

"Peter is just..well...not normal lately." I say as gently as possibly. Jill blinks hard and two tears slid down her cheeks. I grab her up into a hug, while Lucy is fighting to keep herself from crying.

"Don't worry girls, we'll get Peter back." Says Edmund.

"I just miss my brother." Lucy says softly.

"We all do Lu, but don't give up, you have the faith that's held us together this whole way, don't loose it now." I say, but Lucy doesn't seem to care.

"I may have faith, but Su, we need you! We can't end this without your help, we are fighting for you and we CAN'T do it without you."

"I.......I'm sorry Luce, but-"

"NO!" Lucy interrupts, "DON'T TURN INTO PETER NOW!" "PLEASE DON'T!"

"Lucy, calm down, what on earth are you talking about?"

"He says one thing but when I ask him to prove it with one simple deed, he won't, fight for what you believe in Susan, don't back down."

"I never said I would stop."

"Yes but this is how it all starts Susan, not trying, not caring enough to help."

"Fine Luce, what you guys got in mind?"