All of those 'almost kisses'

Rowan's POV:

Hi, I'm Rowan Blanchard and I love Sabrina carpenter.

She's my best friend.
But I don't mean that kind of love.

I mean love. True love.

We've been friends for 3+ years, and we just get along perfectly.
There may have been some little tiffs between us in the past, but nothing to tear us apart.
People think we've become distant but that's just because of our different schedules besides GMW.

And speaking of girl meets world.

The rilaya scenes kill me.

I MEAN COME ON.
You've seen all those 'almost kisses' and the thought to be obvious held back romantic feelings between Riley and Maya.
Everytime we have to hold hands or when she calls Riley adorable and cute, it gives me butterflies.
No no not even just butterflies, more like my stomach is exploding and I'm being attacked by every butterfly in the world. I feel the sparks from my head to my toes.

And through it all, I have to act like it's completely platonic, and it always just professional and doesn't effect us in real like at all.
But if you couldn't tell, it does effect me.
Do you even realize how many times I had to peel my eyes away from her during scenes? Because I lost count myself.

People say they've seen her doing the same thing to me, but nah.
I think she's just happy being single right now.

Plus I know she's straight.

So back to today,

The cast and I are all just sitting around set waiting for rehearsal to start.

Finally, Michael calls us to get our scripts ready, and we go along with the episode.

"Okay now wait. Rowan and Sabrina this is just like a normal bay window scene. It's gonna need the same amount of love you pour into every one. The same thing happens: you two talk things out, you hold hands, lean your head on each other's shoulders or whatever feels right that you think will help with the scene."

We nod and Sabrina smiles and starts off the lines and I go with it.

"It's me and you Riley. Forever."

"Are you sure?"

She lightly touches my chin and pulls me closer. She whispers,
"I'm positive."

I lightly put my hand on hers and she says,
"Wanna know how positive?"

I nod and before she even continues the lines I kissed her. I don't know why I kissed her. I can't tell if she kissed back.
Everything went numb.

Sabrina's POV:

I kissed her back. I liked it.

Rowan's POV:

It was a short and soft kiss, but it felt like the most passionate and romantic kiss.
I heard squeals from behind set coming from Danielle, Corey, Peyton, and Sarah.
Nice one guys.

We pull back slowly and Sabrina says staring into my eyes, never moving a muscle,
"You took the words right out of my mouth. Literally."

Skip 3 years

"Babe come help me!"

I walk into the kitchen of my girlfriend and I's new apartment together here in LA.

It's not far from our parents and it's gonna give us a glimpse of what it'll be like when we hopefully get married.

Ever since that one day on set, Sabrina and I have been two peas in a pod. Inseparable.
In the best way.

My dream came true and I've never been happier especially now living with my favorite person.

Now you're probably wondering:

'Did Michael use the rilaya kiss in that episode?'

He did!
It took a lot of thinking, but realized that it was the best decision to get the young audience introduced into the LGBT community through a family favorite show that has been nominated for 2 Emmys.
Did the ratings drop?
No! Surprisingly not at all. In fact, they went up.
Some kids I'm sure were confused, but realized it after the crew did a live stream and kinda explained their reasons for the choice they made. 

Plus it wasn't that hidden anyway,
Riley and Maya are the two perfect characters to be the first bisexuals on a Disney show.

"Yeah Sab?"

I ask.
She says,
"Grab me that screwdriver on the floor."

I do so and she screws in a final screw into our new cupboards. Now our house is finally finished.

She stands back and admires our new place.
She puts her arm around me and says,
"Well."

I say,
"I love it my little carpenter."

She rolls her eyes and says sarcastically,
"Ha ha. Always playing with my last names either carpenter or hart. I can't go a day without you doing that."

I kiss her and say,
"Don't act like you don't love it."

She smirks at me and lifts me up and spins me in circles kissing me and throws me on our bed and starts to kiss me everywhere.

This day is off to a good start.