Chapter 1: The Walls That Hide Us

Steve's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two months since the fight in Germany but it feels like we have been apart forever. The team has been split in such an antagonizing way I don't think we will ever recover. It's my fault though I brought it upon us but if I had the choice I know I  would do it again. I am now staying at the residence of King Tchalla (aka Black Panther), I have been here since he found out the truth and then he offered Bucky,Sam, and I refuge. Scott(aka Ant man)has been hiding undercover with his family, while Clint went under the radar and is now staying in a safe house with his family and Wanda. Tony, Rhodey, and Vision are still locked up in Avengers Tower, if I should even call it that since there isn't any "Avengers" anymore. The one person I don't know what happened to is Nat. I miss all her quick remarks and all her confidence, I just hope she is safe wherever she is.

But she chose Tony's side right. I can't think of that right now I'm with Sharon right. I quickly put all those thoughts away and get ready for breakfast. I throw on a white tee and dark jeans and make my way to the dining area.

I have to admit this place is pretty beautiful. Red drapes hang from every window and the floors look almost gold,there are columns everywhere where pictures of their rulers hung.I saw Tchalla who sat at the top of the table while Sam sat on his left. I swiftly walk towards them and sit next to Sam. "Captain, so glad you could join us,"Tchalla said. I gave him a half smile and we continue to eat. I didn't feel like talking, I had too much on my mind, everything that I did, I knew it would have consequences but it all feels surreal.....

All of a sudden I heard the sound of bullets banging outside the window, then they came crashing in there was glass and shrapnel everywhere. I quickly got up and realized who was standing in front of me.

It was Tony.

I didn't understand, how was he here. Wakanda was a neutral country.
"You knew you couldn't hide forever,"Tony called out. "Neither could you,"I added.
"What do you want Tony,"Sam said.
"I thought it was pretty obvious,I'm here because the Sokovia accords made me come, I'm here to take you, Sam, and your little winter soldier friend to the raft,"he implied. "You can't do that, they are under my protection,"avowed Tchalla. "I can and I will, your country signed the Sokovia accords which goes beyond any one country,"Tony said. "And what makes you so sure you can take us," I said. "Cap you should know better than to try and fight us again, plus."

Then without warning we were all surrounded by hundreds of soldiers ready to shoot at us, and then I knew we wouldn't be able to win.

"We've got all this, surrender now, you know I don't wanna do this again but I have too,"Tony concluded. "Tony, Bucky is in cryo,"I said. Tony paused for a second and looked almost apologetic before he replied "That doesn't make a difference now, you're all fugitives," At that I just looked down. I slowly raised my hands up. Sam soon followed and we were taken away. "I'm sorry,"Tony said as we were taken upon the quinjet.
I looked at him understandably. It wasn't his fault it was mine. "Me too," I say back. I looked down at the floor with my eyes closed and full of sorrow and I sighed. I knew this was going to be a long ride......