Chapter One

"Alright, you're up Justice. Good luck." The man said holding out a mic.

"Thanks." I said grabbing the microphone and walking out onto the stage. I heard the claps and screams from the crowd and put on a broad smile. I faced the audience feeling the spotlight beaming on me from above. When the noise died down, I began.

"First I want to start by saying thank you all for being here. Without you the Love Lives Movement would not be able to make this happen." The crowd applauded.

"Also, I want to say thank you to our sponsors. You all have been a great help. My name is Justice Harvey. I am 20 years old and I am a college student at Berkley University. Today I am here to serve you notice if you aren't already aware." I began walking across the stage getting into my mode.

"The black community is a target. We have been for a while now. But let's not only focus on the blacks. What about the Muslims, Jewish, Mexicans, Haitians. All of us are being discriminated. I know what you're thinking. You ask why? Because we've molded them into our enemies."

"When you were a child, your parents had to teach you right and wrong. Imagine growing up with someone telling you to hate whatever doesn't look like you." I could see people in the audience nodding their heads in agreement .

"Now can I get a show of hands for who thinks this is wrong. That we have to do something about this." The whole room had their hands up. I know I've won them over.

"We need as much help as we can get. Join the movement. Thank you all for your time and have a great day." I said. With that I walked off of the stage. I grabbed a water bottle and drank quietly.

"You were great out there." Someone said. I turned around to see Andy. A childhood friend of mine.

"Andy!" I jumped out of my chair and flung into his arms.

"I missed you. You done grown up and ain't tell nobody."

"Well I can say the same about you." I said looking at his tall, lean structure and light brown skin. I had a small crush on him in middle school. But he was a little too fast for me.

"You busy? I was thinking maybe we could go and eat. Catch up on somethings." He said smiling brightly. I'd always had a thing for his smile.

"Sure, but I gotta get back to my hotel by 9. I have a flight in the morning."

"I gotchu." He said and pulled me to go with him.

"So how did you find me?" I asked. It really did make me curious. I hadn't talked to him since around graduation. It's been almost 5 years.

"I seen someone promoting the event on Instagram. I live up here now I thought maybe I'd swing through to say something to my girl." He said nudging my shoulder.

"Well thanks for coming by. It's nice to see a familiar face."

"No problem. A nigga'll always come through." He said chuckling.

We pulled up at the Cheesecake Factory. Once we got seated I opened the menu happily. I hadn't eaten all day and pasta sounded so good. After we ordered, I sparked up a conversation.

"So is there any special lady?" I asked.

"Nah. Nobody's real like you up here." He says. Was that a flirt? Maybe I'm being dramatic.

"Oh yeah? I'm surprised you haven't picked up one of these girls."

"I did, but none of them are real."

"Sometimes you have to look past outer appearance when you're looking for a woman." I said taking a sip from my drink."

"You've always been so deep J. I like that about you ya know?" He says. I look at him and smile shyly. I used to get picked on for being so deep and wanting to go the extra mile.

"I just speak the truth." I said giggling. Then I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Excuse me. Are you Justice Harvey?" A woman's voice said.

"In the flesh." I said turning around to see who I was talking to. A Hispanic lady, maybe 30, was with her daughter who was looking at me with an innocent smile.

"My daughter is a big fan of the LLM and so am I. We were wondering if we could get a photo."

"Of course." I said standing up. "Take the picture Andy." I said handing him her phone. We took it and I said thank you to them before they left.

Andy sat there staring at me with a weird smile.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"You're suddenly famous." He said.

"I'm not famous yet."

"You have a fan base."

"So do you. All your insta followers."

"True." He said chuckling.

After eating, he dropped me off to my hotel. I walked through the hallway trying to dial my moms number. Then, as I was pressing that call button, I bumped into a hard shoulder.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry." I said. Touching the persons shoulder.

"Stupid blacks." They mumbled and shook my hand off. I looked up to see the face and was speechless. I could only say his name.

"Daniels?"

"Harvey?" He said turning around.

"I can't believe this. You phony."

"It's not what you think." He pleaded.

"What else is it?"

"I'm just- it's- you won't understand." He said shaking his head. He looked beat down and tired.

"Well make me understand." I said becoming frustrated.

"I can't." He said his eyes glassy. What could someone have possibly done. I reached out to touch him and he jerked away.

"I won't hurt you."

"I can't be sure." He says and walks away hastily. What happened? Why can't he tell me? I'm his friend... I think I still am.
-------------------------------------
I sort of wanted to try something different. I love interracial couples. It's something that's rare and beautiful. You shouldn't be ashamed of you're skin tone, whether you're light or dark. It doesn't matter how nappy you're hair is or how curly it is. It's the inside that determines your beauty. If he/she doesn't see that, that's just not the right one. Thank you for reading. Comment if you want another chapter.