Him

[park jimin]

"i hope you don't mind watching this movie." honoka said while we were waiting in line to buy tickets.

"no of course not." i felt in my pocket for the money i was going to use to pay for her ticket.

"hi, two tickets to finding dory, please." i saw her opening her wallet.

"it's alright, honoka, i--"

"here you go. enjoy your movie." the cashier held two gift cards in one hand and  handed honoka the tickets with her other hand.

"i got movie gift cards for my birthday and now i can finally use them." honoka mused as she gave me my ticket.

i groaned internally. "thank you, honoka." ugh great job, jimin.

"hmm should we get a small sized popcorn or medium? i usually finish it before the movie even starts..." she bit her lip cutely while trying to make the decision. "ooh but i also want candy too..."

"you can choose your candy while i give them the popcorn order." i offered.

"ah. alright~" she skipped off to the candy aisle and I went ahead and ordered a large sized popcorn.

"i couldn't decide between sour patch kids and gummy worms, so i got both." honoka met back with me at the cashier line, holding her small boxes of candy.

when it was our turn to pay, i placed the popcorn, soda, and her candy on the counter, quick to take out my credit card. "don't worry about it. i got this."  

oh god, that sounded really douchey coming from my mouth.

"thank you so much." she grinned and held my hand as we walked to the theater.

we sat in the back row and while the trailers were playing, honoka opened her box of candy and fed one to me first. I've always felt a slight awkwardness when she did this, but i also really liked it.

she told me that i should try eating a gummy worm and some popcorn at the same time because she likes the chewiness and the popcorn-ness together. i thought it was strange at first, but i tried it and found myself eating the combination again.

when the lights dimmed, i noticed honoka place a gummy worm halfway in her mouth and i got an idea. i saw in a drama before where the guy bites half of the candy off and then goes in to kiss the girl.

i knew that tonight was the night that i was going to kiss her.

"honoka," i whispered and she turned her head to look at me. i slowly leaned in, keeping my eyes on her lips.

but at the last second, i chickened out. "there's um something in your hair." i played off our close proximity and pretended to take something out of her bangs.

she finished chewing her candy. augh. maybe i'll try it next time.

she took hold of my hand and placed it around her shoulders. her head fell lightly against me as she continued to watch the movie. how is she so brave? i can't even do this stuff on my own.

i went through the rest of the movie without trying to pull any moves on her. every time i wanted to do something like casually place my hand on her lap or lean my head against hers. it's like my mind was saying 'go for it!' but then my anxiety was telling me to stop.

i was walking honoka home and once we got to her door step, she turned around and hugged me around the neck. "thank you for coming with me to the movies tonight."

i carefully held her waist and replied with, "i like spending my time with you."

she turned her head so that her lips just barely touched my neck, and i felt her smile against the skin.

one hand was placed on my cheek and before i knew it, she  was kissing me.

it was a closed mouth kiss that only lasted for four seconds. during the first two seconds, i cursed to myself because, once again, i was not able to make the first move. but then in the last two seconds, i just tried to take in as much of the moment left as possible.

+

there will be one or two more chapters left, idk i haven't decided yet but omg i'm lightweight excited bc most of my books are coming to an end and i have a new namjoon story saved in my drafts and i cant w8 to publish it l0l