Chapter 4: In Which Percy Is An Extraction Team

Start from the beginning

Percy's P.O.V.

Like most of the more interesting days in Percy's life, that day had started out normally. He took Paul's car out (with his permission of course) for a ride, and cruised along, thinking about the end of the war.  After he bathed in the Styx (in which he found that his mortal point was all of his friends), he had wreaked havoc on Kronos's army. Natasha had taught him well, and he had used all of his knowledge in a way that guaranteed the most damage with the  least amount of effort. He had even picked up a shotgun from a police car and used it against enemy demigods. He didn't like that he had killed other demigods, but he knew that they had made their choice, and he had made his. They threatened the lives of everybody in the world, so they had to be stopped.

He had put his Achilles spot on his wrist, under where he always wore the indestructible watch Tyson had made him. The watch was a perfect fit, so it would never slip. The shield, one Tyson had made for him after he lost the first one in the Labyrinth, was made of a mixture of vibranium and celestial bronze. It had a hippocampus and a trident emblazoned on it, and the watch was an Omega Seamaster. His sword had the vibranium added to it as well, filling the engraving of its name, and lining the edges. Percy was aware that vibranium was rare, but he never asked Tyson where he got it. His cyclops brother had his ways. Tyson had been teaching him how to forge when he went to visit, which was pretty often. Percy had made Natasha a dagger, although he hadn't had a chance to give it to her.

Percy and Annabeth had decided that they weren't going to date each other, as the war was fresh on their minds. Though Annabeth would never admit it, Percy suspected that she had actually been in love with Luke. They remained best friends, and would often be seen in each other's company around camp. As Percy drove, he pulled out the dagger he had made for Natasha. It was a mixture of Olympic silver and vibranium, with spiderweb designs along the hilt, as well as an hourglass engraved on its base. It was light and easy to conceal, with an alternate form as a tattoo of a thin band around the pointer finger. He looked up from the dagger to turn left, and saw Natasha running while explosions went off around her. He floored the accelerator, and pulled up right next to her. He was glad he had brought a baseball cap and sunglasses. If he ended up on the news, he did not want his face to be known all over the city.

Later on, after pulling off several complex driving maneuvers that would probably allow him to do stunts for the Fast and Furious movies, he realized that he had forgotten to give Natasha the weapon. Luckily, she was coming by later that day for training. They finished up with Latin, and Natasha tested him on how well he could speak and translate it, although it was technically a dead language. Natasha started teaching him advanced close range fighting techniques. In an actual fight, Percy would beat Natasha due to his demigod powers, as well the strength and speed that came with it. He was like a super-soldier in that regard. But if Natasha was a demigod, then they would probably be even. The two were already just as effective a team as Captain America and Bucky Barnes. He knew that even though she was close to Clint, he worked better with Coulson. They had known each other much longer, and Coulson had taught Clint some things, after all. At the end of the lesson, he pulled out the knife and handed it to her.

"I made this myself, Tash. Think about it disappearing. If you throw it, and then flick your wrist, it will come back." he said, and watched as it became the tattoo. Natasha looked at her tattoo, and smiled, letting down her facade for a second. She summoned the dagger, flipped it in her hand, and threw it, nodding to herself as it reappeared in her hand when she flicked her wrist.

"Thanks, Alexei." she said sincerely in Latin.

"You're welcome, sis. Good night!" he said in Russian.

"Good night, little brother." she replied. He went home.

Later that night, Percy Jackson disappeared.