Thirteen

I fluff my hair before reaching forward for the powder brush and bronzer in an attempt at giving my face some modicum of colour.  I'm so bloody pale. I'm always so pale. There's some colour in it from my three weeks in France, the freckles across my nose a shade darker and more evident than usual, but the often spoke of 'glow' from the pregnancy still hasn't arrived.

I look tired too. Worry and uncertainty is thick in the whites of my eyes, and heavy and dark under them. On the upside; it was a vast improvement on how I looked a few weeks ago. 

Jake reappears from the bathroom behind me and crosses to where I'm sitting at my dressing table. He looks good; healthy and tanned with his head up and his shoulders pulled back in their normal confident pose.  No stress perched on his shoulders that I can see. Not about our lives, or about the more immediate threat: My Parents.  But then he could be merely hiding it better than I am. He always has been able to hide things better than I can.

He's dressed casually in dark navy chinos and a bright white shirt, the sleeves rolled up and his dark sunglasses tucked into the pocket. 

When he arrived about half an hour ago, I was getting out of the shower.  I'd squealed slightly in shock before practically throwing myself at him.  He lifted me up in a warm, masculine scented hug and kissed me hard, not seeming to mind that I was soaking his crisp, neatly ironed shirt. After checking over his face and body, like I did now whenever he got home from doing Dan related activity, he stepped back from me and ran a hand through his neatly styled hair.

Then he asked how he looked. 

"Very handsome, the Scottish air clearly agrees with you." I smiled. He always looks better after I haven't seen him for a while though. It was as though my mind was incapable of remembering something quite as perfect.

He smiled. "Should I have shaved?" He asked then.

"Do you want to shave?"

"Not particularly, but I will if you want me to. If you think I should." He said, running a hand over the thick brown hair that covered the lower, half of his face.

"You know I like the beard, it suits you. It's sexy." I shrugged.

"Yeah but does it look lazy? Like I haven't even bothered?"

I glanced round at him from my spot at the wardrobe. "No, it doesn't.  Beards are very much in style right now; they're not an advert for laziness." I told him.

"Do your mum and dad know that?"

I find the loose white shirt dress I'd been looking for and take it off the hanger and lay it on the bed. It sat loose around the lower half of my body and wide around my hips and tummy - something I was going to have to look for in my clothes from now on, at least until I tell him.  Then I moved back across the room towards him. Wrapping my arms around him and pressing my mouth to his, I kissed him.  He moaned softly as he pulled me tight against the growing hardness between his legs. "They're going to love you." I whispered against his mouth. "Like I love you. Beard or no beard."

"Well I've got fuck all to worry about then," He smiled, the tension lifting slowly off his face. "And if they don't I'll just turn up at their house in the middle of the night and make them like me. Worked with their daughter." He smirked.
I laughed. "Oh, is that what you think happened?"

He nodded. "That's exactly what happened. You couldn't fucking resist me." He licked his lips before biting the bottom one seductively.
I sighed. "You were pretty irresistible. Still are," I kiss him again, before extracting myself from his arms. "You know something, I never told you this, but I always wanted you to turn up at the surgery one night and fuck me there..." I said, dropping the towel.
Keeping my eyes on his, I pulled the soft white cotton of my knickers up my legs and over my hips. His eyes blazed before growing a little heavy as he drank in the sight of me. Jake was going to notice soon. He stared at me so hard when I was naked – that it was only a matter of time. Though perhaps he'd think I was merely gaining weight and would be far too considerate to mention something like that. As far as I could tell there was nothing for him to see yet. But still, I angled my body away from his gaze ever so slightly.