Six

Unsurprisingly I wake up from the best sleep I've had in weeks; deep and warm and unbroken.

The steady sound of his breath against my ear, the comfort of his arms as he held me in them, and the warm enveloping scent of his skin had chased away every cold lonely thought I'd recently grown used to falling asleep with.   He was here.  By some miracle I had him back and he forgave me and as he'd said last night, he wasn't going to lose me again. The relief I felt from this was immeasurable.

I'm almost cradled under his arm, my head resting back against the solid hard expanse of his chest.   When I open my eyes I see this large tattooed arm splayed possessively across my body, his hand curled around my wrist, his thumb stroking back and forth.   So he's awake. I wonder if he slept at all because he was awake when I'd fallen asleep too.

Last night when I'd come back from the bathroom changed for bed, I'd found him sitting on the bed still fully clothed. There had been a tiny moment where I thought he might still be planning to leave me here. That despite what we said and despite how he'd held me, he might still want to spend the night without me.  I'd been ready to fight him on it. 

In the end I didn't have to.  He'd stared at me wordlessly for a few long torturous moments before standing up from the bed, taking his jacket off and stripping efficiently out of his clothes which he had then lain in a neat pile on the chair by door.  It wasn't a surprise that his body was still incredible.  I'd watched him with awe and undisguised longing as he'd undressed, my blood kindling and my muscles softening with each layer he removed. 

When he was in just his dark grey boxers I'd tiptoed carefully over to the bed and climbed under the covers, leaving the sheet pulled back for him in invitation.  Of course I'd wanted to make love to him.  I  wanted him to make love to me.  I wanted to cover every inch of him with my mouth, kissing and tasting and breathing him back into my body again like I needed to.  My fainting spell had spoiled that plan though.  He'd pulled me into him, a look of concern etched across his face instead of arousal. 

"You should get some sleep," was what he said.  He'd wanted me though - as he held me I could feel his need pressed urgently against my body.  I'd turned my face up to his and kissed him, hoping it would entice him to take me but it hadn't.  As always, Jake's control overpowered my own.

He'd groaned slightly, need mixing with frustration I think, before saying that he wanted to wait until he knew I was feeling better.

"I am feeling better Jake, you're here." I kissed him again.   

Another soft groan. "And I'm not going anywhere. Tomorrow baby... I really want you to get some sleep right now, yeah.  We've got plenty of time." He said, kissing the top of my head.

Breathing softly against my ear, he'd traced his fingers down my neck and over my shoulder, across my collarbone to my chest, until his touches and the melody of his breathing and the warmth of his body had caused my eyes to feel heavy.  Soon I'd fallen quickly under the weight of sleep.

Now, I turn my body round so that I'm gazing up at him.  His eyes are open but heavy, and they're filled with love as he looks down at me, the full beard of his face and the longer hair are both ruffled with sleep.  He really did suit this new serious, hairy look.

"I was afraid I'd dreamt last night." I drop my gaze to his mouth and he smiles a little.   "But you're here." I trace my fingers across his body, over the artwork decorating his chest and arm.

"I'm here."

I smile, turning my eyes up to his again. "Did you sleep?"

"A bit. How are you feeling?" he asks, his eyes narrowing.