Reject Be Not

The front feather tattoo.

Everly's P.O.V.

I run through the house searching for Chance. I want to hurt him. Punish him for his mistakes. I have my mate. Dallas. Handsome, caring, understanding Dallas. Better then Chance. This fucking mate bond will be removed in some way.

What's that smell? Smells like a leech to me! My Wolf, Eve, contacts our mate, but the signal goes to Chance, not Dallas. Damn. Leave the leech! I'm running. Running away from this time of pain. Closing my eyes and wishing I were elsewhere. But life isn't that nice, and times are never that easy. I give it my all, running, racing, fighting with all my breath, to be out of this territory. My Angel is not cooperating, but my Wolf is too heart broken. She demands to be let out, demands to be able to run as far as she pleases.

And I grant it. I'm running away from pain, what else is there to do? Until I find a cure, I will try my hardest not to return. And if they capture me back, I will only try my hardest to escape.

I pass this territories border. But it took me hours to get out. This is a large pack. I'm just glad I'm finally out.

'Everly!' Someone mind links me. I forgot about the mind links! Did I block them out while I thought of my plans?
'Everly! Where are you?!' The same Mate says. Thank goodness he can't here my plans.

Flash back

I remember going to werewolf school, this school also had humans in it. But we had one class, where humans and Wolves were separated. This was in our senior year. Girls, who were unmated, and males who were unmated, were the only wolves allowed to attend. Because we talked about the downsides of mates, and actions. The teachers thought, if you haven't found your mate by the a year after the time you were supposed to, then you weren't going to have a mate. So they decided to teach us about rejection. 'All you have to say is, I _______ (first and last name), reject you, ________ (first and last name). And you have to accept your mates rejection before you can feel the pressure from the mate bond retreating.'

End of Flashback

I wonder why I didn't reject Chance? Maybe because he smelled of his brother, but wait, you can't reject a fake mate can you? This is just someone who said you were their mate, but you thought they were because you smells your mate on them. So we're not mates, I don't need to feel the pressure? But he marked me, so I must reject him!

Turn around Eve! I tell my Wolf. She growls in response.

What if I tell you, going back and rejecting Chance will make this blasted mark burn away? I ask her. She howls in joy at that very statement. She misses her mate, and wishes Dallas would understand that we didn't intend to be marked, only that it happened.

We could have fought him more, I thought to myself. Then we wouldn't be in this situation. But how was I to know what my mate would smell like? They are related, after all. I don't feel any connection to Chance, now that I know Dallas is indeed my mate.

The ground beneath my Wolfs paws is hard and cold, only I could expect this because of the dark. The night, the undefined deep was of black, and a common thing mentioned with evil. She's running for a chance to be happy, but how funny it is that her happiness was taken away by Chance. It's funny how I thought I would never get get a chance to be with my mate, my parents never treated me like an Alpha and Luna's daughter. They were tough on me, somehow I think they knew my life would be crazy, so they wanted me to be tough. But how in the world would they know? As far I was informed, they weren't fortune tellers, or future seekers.

Bam! What the hell was that? I felt it whiz by my left side, and I smelled a familiar scent. A scent I haven't smelled in forever!

Then that exact same scent tackled me to the ground. Instead of getting scared, I begin to play with my brother, Dominic. Since he is younger then me, I want to go easy, but then I've noticed how grown he has become over the short time I've been away. He has more muscles, and he is stronger, just not as big, but he has grown.

I lunge for his neck, wanting him to die at that moment, play dead. But he was taught well, and he dodges at last minute. He turns, and stretches for my neck, but I drop to the ground instantly. It's a reflex. Dominic ends up laying on top of me, and I we just stay that way for a bit.

'Dominic! Where are you?!' My twin brother, Darcy's voice comes in through the mind link.

'Take a chill pill, bro. I'm with Everly!' I hear Dominic tell Darcy excitedly.

'I thought Alpha had her locked in the pack house?' Darcy asks.

'Nope I'm not!' I gladly tell Darcy myself. With the mind link, you can talk to your mate, your pack, and your blood family.

'Mom and dad have been look for you! Meet us at the clearing!' Darcy shouts in my head. I don't know where the clearing is, Chance wouldn't let me out of the house. 'Follow Dom, he'll lead you.' Darcy must have sensed my hesitation. I take back control on my Wolf, and turn my snout to gesture for Dominic to lead the way.

But knowing my younger brother, he just had to bump into a friend. We change into our human forms.

"Hey Anthony!" Dominic shouts.

"Wassup my man?" This boy named Anthony replies.

"Can my sister get a freebie?" He asks. Freebie for what? What are you planning Dominic?

"Sure, whatcha want girlie?" He asks me, finally acknowledging my existence.

"Want one of what?"

"A tattoo Everly!" Dominic says in a duh voice. Oh! I've always wanted two, a rose right behind my ear, and a feather on my foot. Well ankle.

"Make sure you use silver! I want it to stay forever." I mutter. "Here, I've got a picture." I say holding my phone out to him.

"That's a nice tattoo, Miss." He speaks with a lot of respect. My eyes must have told him what I was thinking, because he slyly points behind me, while grabbing his tattoo gun and ink. So I brighten my senses, and I smell Chance behind me, and Darcy, with my mother and father. But I don't bother turning around. I will get this tattoo with, or without the opinions. "This may sting a little." Anthony says.

"Draw one line and I will castrate you, and cast you out of this pack." Chance's voice rings out.

"I'm not your fucken mate, Chance. But you marked me, therefore, I am your Luna, you equal. You have no say in what I do." I respond harshly.

"Don't do anything Anthony."

"Are you defying your Luna?"

"Disregard her statement. Remember what I said! Castrate, and cast out!"

"I will make you my Delta, that means fourth in command. You will hold power over all Protecters of this pack. And when Dallas makes Chance cower in fear, you will be known as a worker for the Luna, not false Alpha." I say in a shrill voice. I feel a wave of heat, and I realize I'm still in heat. I hear a deep chuckle behind me, and I realize Dallas and his whole family is here. I feel my cheeks turn red, just feeling his presence. Chance must too, for he walks behind the chair, avoiding cords. And wraps his hands around my waist, and the chair I'm on. I take a breath real fast, and I hear a growl behind both of us.