Brother's Riff

Chances face looked contorted, changing between surprise of my betrayal to his order, and anger a reactant to my betrayal. His foot is on my chest, pushing down, and coming back up, every time his face changes. I want to cry out in pain, but my stubbornness kicks in, and stay quiet butting my lip.

Finally Chance makes up his mind, anger playing on his face. He smiles an evil smile, hard to imagine with that angelic face. The evilest people hide behind the most beautiful faces! Why?! Yes I do admit, he was good looking. But to me it was stupid. His anger becomes more prominent as I struggle to breath, still not giving up. I look to my side and see Lucky being dragged away from me, to the staircase. But they have four more doors on one side before the reach the first step. I'm still staring at Lucky, thinking of a way to stop these bastards, when I see a head of curly hair starting to appear, then a face, and his shoulders. All of a sudden Clarence and his minions stop dragging Lucky.

"Chance!" This voice rings out so clear, it was clear to say that Chance was afraid of the voice. He is an alpha! No one should be able to control him. "What are you doing to are brother?! And who is that poor girl your stepping on?! Let go of them both!" Without a doubt his foot releases the pressure on my chest. Damn no bra problem is now evident.

"Z-Zay-Zayde! What are you doing here?" Chances voice wavers. "You're not supposed to be here until next week!"

"I told you I always make surprise visits! And what? Do you think Lucky would lie to me?! Damn rights my ass! He'd leave with me! And who is this poor beautiful girl?! If you went with your more then one mate theory, you know I can't stop you, but I won't leave you alone. You will have not immediate family to love." By this time, Lucky is being held in Zayde's arms. Chance looks guilty. "Do you have no remorse or respect or love for your twin? The person that's your best friend while growing up?!" Lucky is whimpering. Of course. This is his twin, he cares about but has to make a good decision.

"Chance...." His voice comes out strangled. "I'm leaving with Zayde whenever he leaves. I'm taking my mate with me. You can find yourself another Gamma." As he says that he opens the door to his mates room. "Andrea, come, Zayde's here." Turning around and facing Chance he speaks to Zayde, "did Oakley and Dallas come with you?"

"Oakley and Victoria came this time. Dallas still doesn't want to see Chance."  I see Clarence and Boyd, Evertte, Jamal sneaking off. Fine. Let them leave this is family business.

"I don't mean to bud in." My soft voice barely catches anyone's attention. "I don't mean to bud in," I raise my voice slightly higher because no one else heard me last time. "But, who is Victoria? Oakley is your guys's sister, I think."

"It's okay" Zayde says. "We should have spoke to you before. I hope you like my crazy family. I'm Zayde."

"I know" I reply. "What I don't know is why Chance is so evil and why he is Alpha if he bows down to you and listens to you, like, like you command him when it should be the other way around." I huffed. This family is breaking all the rules and making me confused! And that's hard considering I'm a descendant of the original werewolves linked with angels!

"Because I was originally supposed to be Alpha of this pack. But my beautiful mate Victoria wanted to stay with her pack, I agreed and became Beta of her fathers pack, now her older brothers. I like you. Your feisty! Wait, is that a mark on your neck?! Was it Chance?!" I nod my head, afraid that my voice will shake because of how scared I am. His voices softens as he notices my expression. "I'm sorry-"

"Everly" Chance speaks up. "She's my mate." That's all he says. Zayde keeps looking at me. It's creepy. I don't like it. Zayde seems nice and all, but over protective. I need to be free. I don't want some random guy looking after me, maybe, just maybe if it was my mate I would adore it.

"I'm not yours." I mutter. You stole whatever choice I had and wanted.

"What was that?" Chance asks, his voice menacing. Stupid were wolf heightened senses. 'I heard that too' his voice sounds upset through our mind link. Wasn't he just being mean and rude? 'Chance! Your just confusing ! Grow up!' This "man" was starting to piss me off, and when I'm pissed I tend to fly.

"Enough of this Chance! The main reason I'm here is to check up on Ace, so can you please get my little brother out here for me? I'm taking him over to see Dallas and Oakley, you know our other siblings? For his regular visit, because he doesn't want to leave the place mom and dad's last scent is, where they were, just so he can move on?!" Chance has another brother? What? How many now? In order? Zayde, the oldest. Zayde found his mate and moved to her pack. Chance, Alpha of this pack. He has three mates (if forcibly marking them counts). Lucky, who had his mate and is leaving to go live with Zayde. Dallas who I've never seen. And Oakley, both are living with Zayde and have not found there mates yet. And now Ace. Who is the younger brother. And there ages rang from 23, 21, 19, 17, and now?

"How old is Ace?" I ask before I think. My mental listing may get me into trouble. Zayde and Chance stare at me like I'm speaking to a ghost. Only Lucky looks like he knew I was about to answer that question.

"15, he took out parents dying the hardest because he is the baby of the family. When they died two years ago he hardly had his first change. Barely met his wolf form. He was very angry and scared. We'd like it if you were gentle with him." Huh, 15, same age as me. Maybe I could beat him in training. Seizing this opportunity in my mind I look forward to meeting Ace.

"I don't need anyone to be gentle around me. Especially a girl, and my older brothers whore at that." Some shrill voice poked out from down the hall. Oh boy, me and Ace are going to get a long just fine. Did I mention I was very stubborn earlier?

"You're calling me a whore?" I snort. "So much for being vanilla!" I'm laughing my head off. Chance, Ace, and Zayde are staring at me like I'm an alien, and Lucky and his mate are laughing along with me. At least some people aren't dead serious all the time.