Dream Of... What?

I'm running through the trees. Twigs are being caught in my hair, branches are snapping across my face. My feet are pounding on the cold ground. I'm running down a hill, the way I'm moving faster then normal, the way my feet slid a bit, I can tell. I smell a deer, I hear it's hooves thudding against the ground. I see tree branches in my way, but I crash through them. I reach a cliff, and I could hear the thunderous roar of water tumbling down a cliff. That's when I realize I'm running from Wolves behind me, and that I'm afraid of heights. Most wolves are, because we have four legs meant to be on the ground. I think back to when I was a little kid, I couldn't swim, yet my dad forced me into the water. I could have died, but he pulled me out mere seconds before that could happen. Wolves. Behind me. Me. At the edge of a cliff. Facing death either way I chose. I walk toward the oncoming wolves. They stop, they seem surprised. When I'm a good twenty feet away from the edge of the cliff I turn around to face the cliff.

"You can't swim, can you Everly?" Chance's voice is teasing. He wants me dead, is what I remember. I don't say anything. Death by torture is not fun, I choose to drown. Facing his ludacris grin, I run. And I run until I reach the end of the cliff. I fling myself off of the cliff, pushing farther out then humanly possible. And then I'm falling. And I'm smelling that amazing scent, the of so lovely smell of aging pine trees, and wood. My wolf is screaming MATE!! With every once of energy, every fibre of muscle in her body, wanting to live now more then anything. I tightly close my eyes, and I feel strong arms wrap around my body, and I feel water rushing over my head. Tons of water inclosing my body to death. The pressure so immense, and this lovely smell of my mate pulling me to the surface.

I cough up water, saliva, and salt. My throat aches, hell my whole body aches. And I look up to see a stunning face of beauty. His black hair, jet black, dripping of water. His piercing grey eyes shocking my body. His perfect lips, I want to kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a jolt I wake up, a scream escaping my lips. I'm shaking. My body feels like it's been hit with a semi truck, all these strange and unfamiliar emotions cursing through my body. That dream. In that dream I had no wings! Where were my wings?! In the dream Chance was trying to kill me, his Wolves were trying to kill me. Why would Chance try kill me?! The dream had the scent I longingly wanted to smell all the time. Who had that amazing smell?! I heard your mate is to have a smell you can't resist. Is he my mate?! And his eyes, his hair, his lips. They reminded me of Ace and Lucky. A mixture of both, creating better. Who was he? Why did he look so much like Chance's family? And why was he the face that went to the smell of my mate, if dreams are true?

"Everly." I here Chance speak, inwardly I grimace. He can't know of my dream, he'll be offended and I don't know what he will do. Maybe it will be those needles of pain, and I don't want that again.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"Why did you scream?"

"Why are you in MY room?" I reply. He looks embarrassed, quickly covering it up with a smirk.

"Why?" He states. "You scared?" This smile playing on his lips is annoying. Without thinking I smack that smile right off his face, I'm scowling and soon he joins me. "What the hell? You shouldn't disrespect me." He threatens.

"You can't hurt me, if you are my true mate. So if you will, don't expect me to live a lie. I'd rather die. If I can't be happy, I don't see the point in living. I already know suicide is a sin, but it's what I'm willing to take to be happy in another place. This world is too cruel. So, you can either love me, treat me right, and want me; or you can fuck off. Now I'd be fine with the latter of the two options because you are not my mate, and there for we have nothing in common because I do not agree with your ways." To my horror he starts laughing. "What is so funny?" I storm, anger radiating off of me.

"Nothing, your just crabby because your body hurts, it's natural during a heat, you'll be fine, and I'll forget what you said, because you aren't yourself right now. I'm going to bed now, I've been up all night. All these females were in heat," with that he turns and walks away. Probably to his own room. Leaving me here alone. Why did he say 'all these females were in heat'? Does he like when females are in heat?

Thinking about this got me worried. How far would Chance go to have his own child? Would he rape a girl of the pack? Cloaking my scent to match the guards, I make my way into the basement of this mansion. Nobody tries to stop me. I smell a lot of wolves down here. Some smell like pain, others blood, others angry. And to my utter horror, some like pleasure. Who would do this to girls? I can smell females. They must not know what's going on. Wait, I smell confusion, sided with the pleasure. Anger with love for a child they so dearly want. I open the gate, but I can't push it open. I need a key.

"Hey!" A deep voice asks, "you there! What are doing down here?"

Taking a random guess I reply, "Alpha has sent me here to check in the females he pleasured, I am to give him direct message if they hurt, or if they are content. Please let me in unless you would want to face the wrath of our Alpha." His face contorts, trying to see if I'm lying. As of coming to a decision he lets me in.

"Shut them horny bitches up, alright?" And he closes the gate after I walk through. What I see surprises me, scares me and will probably haunt me until I have courage to change it. For lying in cages, chained in silver, are we're wolves in there wolf form, three in a cage, barely room to turn. And the worst part? There skinny, dehydrated, beaten, bloody, and scared. Fear is radiating off of them now that they sense a powerful presence. Oh moon goddess, help me. And before I pass out on the stone cold floor, and the brightest light I have ever seen shoots from my body, stabbing each wolf in the heart, and breaking there chains, opening there cages, and freeing them from misery.

The last thing I see is wolves bowing down to me. Bowing. Down. To me.