Always Two Steps Ahead

=J.Daniel Atlas=
-Now You See Me -
My name is Amanda Wilder. I'm a magician. Many call me the witch. They think it's magic but it isn't. I'm a mutant. A powerful one. Only my older brother, Jack and I know. No one else. My parents were killed by the FBI when we were younger. Now, we got this mystery tarot card. I felt something special. Something...powerful.
Jack and I were climbing the stairs to this apartment unit. As we rounded the corner, we saw three other people. A lady who was very pretty, a man with dark brown hair and and arrogant air around him. He was really handsome. Another one with blond hair and older look. They raised their eyebrows at us. Jack recognised them. I did too. J. Daniel Atlas, Henley Reeves and Merritt McKinney. Jack looked like he was on cloud nine. I smiled at him and nodded my head in acknowledgement of the three.
Henley introduced herself to me and I smiled at her. The blond one, aka Merritt, smiled or more of smirked at me and asked, "Two questions. Did you get a card and are you and fan-boy here dating?" I rolled my eyes and showed him my card. It said the 'Angel'. I smiled and said, "Why don't you take a look into my mind to see whether I'm dating anyone or you could use your god damn eyes to see the similarity in Jack and I." My smile faded as I told him to use his eyes. To my surprise, they both chuckled and Daniel said, "Feisty." I looked at the two men and woman who were crowding around the door. I raised my eyebrow and Jack asked still stuttering, "Wh-what are we waiting for?" Merrick answered, "Door's locked." I smiled slyly and said, "No, no. Nothing's ever locked." I walked foward and the both of them looked at me funnily. I crouched down to the keylock and dragged a long, nimble finger down the keylock. I heard a familiar click and opened the door. They walked in. Jack nudged me and said, "Nice trick, sis." I leaned on his arm. We entered the apartment.
:=:
"What do you mean I have to stay here? Where's Jack?!"
Danny looked at me and said in a reassuring tone, "Shhh... Jack's distracting the FBI while we do something else. Stay here. You'll be safe." I nodded but couldn't fend back the feeling in my heart that there was something they were not telling me.
:=:
I peered from round the corner. The two horsemen were on the couch watching the news. I saw a FBI car smash against the road. My hand flew to my mouth. I then realised. Jack. He was involved in the stunt. I shook my head in denial. But the broadcast confirmed my fears. Jack Wilder was dead. My brother and best friend was dead. My last piece of family slipped through my fingers once again. I screamed and fell to the ground on my knees. Danny was by side in an instant. Silent tears were running down my face. Danny held me close to him. He then did something that I never expected. He kissed me. We broke away. I smiled a weak smile. I stroked his face gently but suddenly, I heard men shouting and motor engines.
I stood up and took out my pistol. I said in a voice that was hard and cold, "Go. They're here. I'll hold them off." Danny and Merritt looked at each other. Henley was waiting for them below with a getaway car. Merritt jumped out of the window. Danny just shook his head and kept yelling at me to follow them. I just shook my head. He gave me a pained expression and with a last look, jumped out of the window. The door busted open and I backed out towards the window. I inched back as the masked men drew closer with their guns. I raised my pistol but one of them shot me. Right in the heart. I screamed and I draped out of the window. Everything started to blur. I could faintly hear Danny's cry of despair and pain. I could feel Merritt's despair and sadness. Henley's scream could be probably be heard all the way to London. I wished that it didn't have to end like this. But like all good things, they must come to an end. At least I knew that Danny loved me back. That's all I needed to know before I closed my eyes for the last time. I just didn't know that Jack was alive and well.
:=:
~Jack~
I saw the team at the doors and I smirked at them. They smiled at me but I saw that something was wrong. I looked around for my sister. She should've at least have hugged me by now. Where was she? Henley walked towards me and put a hand on my shoulder. She said nothing and gave me a silver rose. Intricate and detailed engravings lined it's petals. Only my sister was capable of that detail. I looked up with tears in my eyes. Merritt had his hat off and his eyes trained on the floor. Henley had tears streaming down her cheeks but Danny. Daniel had tears running down like a waterfall down his cheeks. Hot, salty tears. That's when it all clicked. I leant on the gate for support. My sister. My joyful, innocent sister. I missed her snark. Her sarcasm. Her laugh. And I didn't even get to see her one more time.