Chapter 2: How to be a heartbreaker

Start from the beginning

"That's strange you're asking for help when you're a straight A student but if you think you need help you can sit next to Chris. He's our golden boy. He'll help you on any subject." Ahh...there you go. I smiled at her again and she pointed at the first row where a boy was alone and doing his work quietly. I thanked the teacher (mentally gagging) and started to walk that way.

When I came closer I could see the outline of him. He had glasses on but he still looked hot as hell.  He had honey blond hair and a little scar on his neck. But the most interesting thing about him would be his hair. His right side of the hair was shaved, and left side ended on a cute fringe. Where was this boy hiding all this time? I without thinking slumped at the seat next to him but he didn't notice.

Good.

"Students! Take back your exam sheets." Mrs. Gst yelled making me roll my eyes. I stood up to take my sheet but I deliberately took Chris's sheet, leaving him to take mine.

Plan 1 successful.

Not five minutes later someone coughed beside me. I didn't look back. I kept copying Mrs. Gst.

"Excuse me?" A rough voice asked. Wow...even his voice was sexy. I ignored him as per my plan.

"Look you, new girl-"

New girl? Did he really never see me before?

"Hey!" He yelled a little louder but not as much so the teacher can hear.

Finally, I looked up to him with the most boring look I can manage, "Yes?"

Hell, he has eyes like chocolate.   

He looked at me for a second, I assume to take in my eyes which were blank and my face irritated.

"You took my paper." He said after taking back his eye contact.

"Oh, I did?" I asked not looking at him.

"Yes. Here's yours." He handed me my papers and turned back on his seat to write again.

 Was Alex really serious? Was he on something? Me...I was sitting there but he just ignored me for the rest of the class. Uh! In the first of my lifetime, I was ignored by a hot slash cool haired nerd.   

But I admit he was a challenge. It'll be more fun to make him fall for me.

The next class was with Max where I also had Nick but he was silently avoiding me. Hopefully, that bastard finally learned his lessons. At least that made me smile in real. By the lunch time, I had three classes with Chris and not in one of them he has talked to me. Even Max brought me in trouble as promised so I've got detention for the whole week. I was losing my so-called confidence. Alex told me that girls tried to woo him before but failed. But I wasn't one of them. I huffed in annoyance.

"Look, Pax, don't give up. This is just your first day. You can always try tomorrow and the last class is still on. You have him in your creative writing and we can arrange to make him your partner." Kara spoke while eating her lunch and Myra agreed. What would I do without these two? I didn't even get to eat too much cause deep down I wasn't feeling like myself. But when I turned to look at Max I noticed that behind him, Will was already looking up at Alex. Poor boy... still thought that he had a chance.

"Are you beating yourself with the whole bet thing? I didn't think you'll go all serious on it. It's not like your whole life depends on the bet thing only, right Pax?" Alex said mockingly while taking a bite. But it made me angry. She knew every bet was important to me. She knew why I was a player but still her words hurt me. So to cool myself off or more like stop myself from blurting out something I'd regret later, I stormed off from the cafeteria without looking back. Max protested but I just gave him the finger. I knew I was being dramatic but in her tone there was something that was hinting my past, taunting me to feel weak.

The past which made me this Pax.

Without knowing anything where I was going I found myself on the back side of the school. This part was abandoned and I still had to know this area. I never had an argument with them in middle of school so I never knew what to do if I ever found myself in this kind of situation. So instead I thought I might use this as blind spot as well. With a knowing smile, I opened the first door only to be frozen. There shouldn't be light inside. There shouldn't be any person inside but when I opened the door wide, there, he was studying in the room like he owns this place. Think about getting lucky.

Like before I jumped on the seat next to him and he looked frantic for a moment. But when his eyes found mine he huffed in annoyance. Well...that was new. To start my next part of the little plan I cleared my throat and began:

"Sorry to bug you but my friends ditched me." He took a peek at me and sighed.

"I'm Chris. Obviously, you didn't know." He said with a tone which seemed like an accusation. I brushed it off.

"So you're that Chris?" I asked with a fake surprise.

"What Chris?" He narrowed his eyes.

"The thing is I'm not that good at chemistry and I need help. You don't know but half of the teachers suggest you for the post." I said and looked at him. He froze but he stayed. OK...good start.

"So can you help me?" I asked him while poking him with a pencil. He was visually annoyed. Hmm...At least he'll lose his cool and snap.

"By the way, if you are worried that I'm some clingy type I can assure you I'm not. I'm really a good girl." Well...that came out wrong and even sounded weird but when he didn't say anything so I brushed it off....when nothing was working I approached a new tactic.

"I think you are not comfortable with me. OK. No problem. Hey... My name is Paxton Rivera and I have a br..cousin. I love Chemistry and yet weak in it. I do charities...a lot. I used to be a cheerleader (in my dream) but now I'm not. I have friends that..." I started to tell him our whole family history I mean with the uncles, cousins which could bring a whale to sleep. Almost there...He was shaking with anger now but I told him everything anyway I meant the useless facts like I like vanilla, my favorite color is violet, I hate banana blah blah blah.

Finally...The heaven listened to me...

"You're an idiot and damn annoying!" He snapped. It was supposed to be an insult but still, a smirk crept into my mouth. At least he talked.

Day one mission completed.

Unknown POV

Account: Keep Your Secret Safe

##PaxtonBitch1

Liar, manipulator & a heartbreaker. You all know who I'm talking about! Let's just say our own golden boy Chris Wallace have to keep an eye out from now. I'll come back soon with more news. Until then-

Xoxo. 💕

♡♡♡

So another chapter. What do you think about the unknown mystery? Anyone remembering gossip girls? Let me know and enjoy!