1.

Zayn's POV.

It's a Sunday night and I've been up in my office all day with nothing better to do. Niall is downstairs because his TV at his house isn't working and he hasn't watched the new episode of The Bachlorette. Couldn't blame him. The show is kinda good.

I've been celebrating for the past week because the woman that I hate oh so much is off the grid, aka, Lauren Jauregui.

Shivers run up and down my spine in disgust. Just saying her name makes my skin crawl. But I'm glad she's off the grid. That means that the mission I have yet to complete, is finally, after years, been completed.

My agent Domino congratulated me. And I couldn't be happier. She's dead. She's gone. Fucking finally. I couldn't stand her. Or her dumb family.

You see, ever since her and I were kids, we've grown a deep hatred for each other. I remember the day like it was yesterday.

~

We were in 1st grade in Miss. Carmine's classroom. She was the new girl who came from Miami. She was extremely pale, green eyes, had bangs and was wearing the cutest yellow sundress you'd ever see.

I was a tiny lad. The shortest kid in class. Next to Jasmin Carmichael. She was hella short.

Miss. C thought it would be a good idea to introduce her to the entire class individually. I was in a corner drawing a dragon in the bet way that I could when Miss. Carmine walked up to me with her hands on both of Lauren's shoulders. A big smile was on her face.

"Zayn, this is our new student from Miami. She's very nice and loves to draw just like you! Lauren, this is Zayn Malik. Zayn, this is Lauren Jauregui." Miss Carmine stepped back and motioned to the both of us.

I was willing to shake her hand until she said her last name. Jauregui.

The Jauregui Family was betrayal.

My smile immediately turned into a scowl. Lauren must've recognized my name as well and crossed her arms over her chest and faced away from me. A part of me died when she turned away. Part of me wanted to be her friend. But who knows. She might've killed me too.

~

Ever since then we've been enemies. Miss Carmine tried her best to make us become friends but.. it never worked. And I'm glad it didn't.

I hate her.

Hate is an understatement.

I was sitting in my office chair, kicking my feet up on the desk as I watched the grid of New York in delight. A familiar red dot was gone and I didn't have to worry anymore.

I leaned back against my seat and sighed, folding my arms back behind my head and closing my eyes.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

A familiar beeping sound erupts from the screen.

Oh no.

Hell no.

I quickly opened my eyes and turned to face the computer screen that displayed the grid. A red dot was slowly approaching headquarters.

Lauren.