Chapter 17

Play the song!!

Please vote and comment!!!

.

.

.

I straightened my back and held my head high as I walked into school the next morning. Today I was a woman on a mission. 

I played what I was going to say over and over in my head again.

I didn't see Lucas for the first half of the day so I had more time to prepare but I also hand more time to talk myself out of my plan.

It was only during Lunch that I saw him. He had dark circles under his eyes and he looked completely exhausted. He sat alone at a table playing with the food on his tray. I walked over to him hoping I appeared confident, the exact opposite to how I was feeling.

"Can I talk to you?" I say as soon as I get to the table. He looked up at me surprise written clearly on his face. He nodded and I motioned for him to follow me. I led him out of the cafeteria to an empty classroom.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks leaning against the teacher's desk.

"I've made up my mind about what I want." I say calmly.

"And what is that exactly?" he asked nervously standing up straight.

I flashed him a small smile before letting out a sigh. "To not lose you." I say quietly.

I could see his eyes light up from across the room. "Maya you haven't. You won't. Ever." he says walking over to me and taking my hands in his. "I'm so sorry for everything that I've done. If I could I would take it all back. I miss you so much an I-" he says a smile lighting up his face. "Maya, I love you." He finishes.

I could feel the lump at the back of my throat and the sting in my eyes warning me of the inevitable tears to come.

I shook my head and looked him in his gorgeous eyes. "That's the thing, Lucas." I whisper desperately trying not to let the tears out. "You can't take it back. It's done and I can't forget that you lied to me for months." I pull my hands out of his and take a step back. I could hear his heart shattering as I watch his face fall.

"Maya what are you saying?" he asks the volume of his voice dropping as much as mine did.

"I'm saying that you hurt me too much for me to just forget about it." I say wiping the single tear that fought it's way out. 

"But I thought you said you didn't want to lose me." he says and I could see his eyes watering too. "Maya, I love you. Please." He looks up and blinks repeatedly, probably trying to stop himself from crying. He looks back to me his eyes locking me in a trance. 

I let out a choked sob as a few more tears fall. "I don't want to lose you." I cry, my voice cracking. "But I can't be with you." I say in a softer voice. He looks away and wipes a hand down his now red, tear stained face before looking back to me.

"Please just answer me this." He says looking away from me again. "Do you- do you." he sighs running his hands through his hair. "Do you love me?"

"Yes." I let out another sob. "Of course I love you. So much." I say and he nods.

"Is there any hope for us in the future?" he walks up to me once again.

"I can't answer that." I tell him.

"Okay." he says moving his hands to wipe my cheeks. I rest my hands on his. "Can I? One last time please." he asks and I nod without having to think about it. He leans down and presses his lips gently to mine in a slow passionate. Our tears mixed together and his lips quiet my sobs. We pull apart and he rests his forehead to mine. "I love you." he whispers quietly, pain written as clear as day on his face. 

"I love you." I reply not being able to hold back anymore of my body wrenching sobs. I step forward wrapping my arms around his waist, burying my face in his shirt and holding on as tightly as I could not yet ready to let him go. He puts his arms around me holding me close to him. I could feel his body shaking although his crying was unlike mine silent. I grip onto his shirt and let my tears flow freely as we stand together in the quiet classroom holding onto each other.

THE END.

.

.

.

Okay so this is the last chapter. 

I hope you enjoyed Forbidden Love.

Thank you to everyone who read it, voted and commented.