Chapter 3

"Oh Mister sun sun, mister golden sun, please shine down on me."

"Mister sun, sun. Mister golden sun. Hiding behind a tree."

"These little children are asking you."

"To please come out so we can play with you."

"Mister sun, sun."

"Please shine down on, please shine down on. Please shine down on me." I sang to myself as Lucas continued his work.

I was sat on the floor, in front of the couch, between his legs as he tried to braid my hair.

Lets say I'm happy I can't see because he sucks at braiding hair.

"Okay you can look now." He says letting the last braid fall.

I slowly picked up the mirror that was resting on my lap and looked at the braids in my hair. I examined it for a second before nodding in approval. "You're getting better." I complemented and saw him smile in the mirror.

"I've been practicing on Millie's doll." He states grinning proudly.

I placed the mirror and turn around to face him bright smile on my face. "Well you know what they say." I shrug, "Practice makes perfect." and he leans down connecting his lips to mine in a chaste kiss.

I got up from my position on the floor reaching over to grab a slice of pizza from the coffee table in front of us then sat next to him refocusing on the TV. We were having a date night at my apartment, pizza and a movie. 

Twenty minutes later a knock sounded from my door. Groaning at the interruption I paused the movie getting up. "If you play that movie it'd be the last thing you ever do." I smile sweetly moving to get the door.

 I looked through the peephole and saw Riley standing there looking around the hall. My eyes widen in surprise as I ran back to the living room.

"It's Riley, you have to hide now!" I whisper yelled at him his eyes widening just as mine did.

"What is she doing here?" He asked jumping up from his spot on the couch.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" I whisper yelled frustrated, "Go hide!" I ordered him pushing him to the direction of the bedrooms. "I'd try to get rid of her." I assure him as another knock came from the door. "Just a second!" I yelled out, waiting for Lucas to be completely out of sight before letting her in. He quickly ducked into the bathroom closing the door. Blowing out a breath I straightened my t- shirt and opened the door to see Riley grinning at me.

"Maya!" She says excitedly pushing past me and walking into my apartment.

"Hey Riles." I close the door. "What are you doing here?" I question

"What do you mean, what am I doing here? Can't a gal come see her best friend whenever she wants?" she ask feigning hurt.

"No." I say sitting on the couch and looking up at her.

"How very rude of you." She playfully pouts. "But since you asked..." she trailed off  a bright smile on her face. "I got asked out on a date!" she screams excitedly.

"Really? Who? Where? When?" I question my interest peaking.

"Charlie Gardner, at school, yesterday." she answers my questions.

"Riley that's great." I smile at her.

"I know I know." she jumps a little from her spot. "My date is tomorrow, he won't tell me where we'e going though." she pouts.

"Urgh, I hate when Luc-" I was about to tell her I hate when Lucas pulls the whole 'It's a surprise' thing but stopped myself.

"What?" she asks tilting her head to the side.

"Nothing, nothing." I say hoping she didn't here what I almost said. "I'm happy for you." I said smiling.

"Thank you." she beams.

"So." I say after a few seconds of silence. "Charlie, huh?" I ask and she blushes.

"What about him?" she asks nervously.

"Oh, nothing. Just that he's totally adorable." I say to her and she blushes more.

"Maya..." She giggles cheeks tinted pink.

"And his eyes... I could stare at them all day." I pretend to melt at the thought of his eyes.

"Maya!" she covers her face now.

"And have you seen his-" I was about to tease her when a sound came from the direction of the bathroom causing Riley to jump and look in that direction. The noise reminding me that I was currently hiding a boy in my bathroom.

"What was that?" She moves from her spot and walks closer to me.

"What was what?" I faked ignorance.

"Maya I think someone is in your house." She says nervously.

"What? Psshh.. of course not.. It was just my... " I trailed off thinking of something, "Ferret!" I yelled out causing her to look at me surprised at my sudden raise of voice.

"Oh okay." She says nervously.

"You should probably go before he comes out here." I warn, "He hasn't got his rabies shots yet and has been acting strange." I say.

"Maya I think it's time to put that thing back on the street where he belongs." she states while heading to the door looking terrified.

"But I love him!" I say and she shakes her head hurrying out the door. After a few seconds Lucas came out of the bathroom glaring at me.

"I'd try to get rid of her." He mocks me using his best girl voice.

"I did get rid of her and I don't sound like that." I hit his shoulder as he sits next to me.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." he rolls his eyes getting comfortable on the couch. He sits quietly for a second before turning to face me. "Now what's all this talk about Charlie looking 'totally' adorable and staring into his eyes all day?" he questions me and I roll my eyes in response pressing play on the movie.