Dancing With Strangers (14)

Start from the beginning

"How come?" I asked curiously.

"I spent almost all of my childhood with him. We were the best of friends until one day he left," he sighed in deep thought."He went to earth a few years ago. It has been almost three years since I last saw him. Time is slow here, you know."

"How? Do you mean- I've been here for a few months but it's been a few years on earth?" I assumed shocked. That seemed impossible and insane. 

The real things in life always are.

"Yes," he said quietly enjoying the surprised look on my face.

"How do you know Derek?" I implored again hoping he wouldn't get annoyed. I needed information and this was my best shot.

"There was a time when I lost everything. It was hard and I was lonely. Derek helped me. He saved my life and now I owe it to him," he replied almost sounding sad.

"Oh," I whispered wondering if a helpful Derek had ever existed.

"Do you trust Eric?" I asked.

"Yes," he said in a low voice," no matter what he did I believe that his heart was always in the right place."

Yeah, of course.

"Oh. I don't think I'd agree with that," I mumbled looking away.

"I know what he did to you and I'm sorry. But I think there must be some reason behind it," he said as if standing up for his old friend.

"What reason could he have?" I asked myself. Shane didn't reply.

We sat in silence for a while, picking at the red leaves scattered around us. We walked over to the fountain in the clearing. I sat down on the side of the fountain, exhausted and feeling dizzy again. I looked over to the side of the fountain where I'd last seen the initials. They were still there, simply carved and somehow giving a me a feeling that I had seen them before.

"How long has this fountain been here?" I inquired to a very lost in thought Shane.

"I don't know. It's been here for a few centuries," he said his green eyes beautiful in the light.

I knew that the initials of my name were E and C but I had realized that the initials of Eric's name were also E and C.

Eric Clarke.

She laughed as she ran through the trees, the leaves crunching at her feet and her dress coming in between her feet. Her face was lot up with happiness and mischief. The trees had red flowers and leaves showing the autumn colors. Her feet were cold but she didn't mind. She heard a male laugh, a beautiful one, behind her. She knew she would get caught.

Suddenly she was on the ground, trying to catch her breath and laughing at the same time. He was leaning on top of her, chuckling with mischief dancing in his dark eyes. His raven black hair were falling over his forehead. 

The blonde girl had her hands on his forearms.

"I said I’d catch you," he whispered in a playful tone.

"You cheated," she huffed smiling at him.

He grinned back at her.

"Get off, Eric," she ordered trying to push him off. He got off her, taking her hand and helping her get up.

The autumn season was her favorite. The garden was always at it's best at this time of the year. The orange and red colors were pleasing to the eye. They walked over to a clearing where there was a fountain made of white marble. The white stood out magnificently in the reds and oranges. The water was ice cold as she dipped her hand into it.