"Do you want to treat me to a dance?" I ask him, ignoring my father's stare as he came to a stand beside Gavin.

He nods, holding his hand out for me and I thankfully reach for it. As I was about to walk away my father gently reached out to hold onto my elbow.

"Ryder I-"

"Leave me alone." I glare at him, before jerking my arm out of his grip. I see Gavin give my father an apologetic smile before tugging me to the dance floor where the music has already begun.

"So you still aren't speaking?" Gavin asks, as he gently leads us into a slow dance.

I shake my head. "Not for the reasons you think."

"Why then?"

"He placed a restraining order against my boyfriend." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"Evan?"

"No, Harry."

He blinks. "The guy you have been hanging out with?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"He's your boyfriend?" He asks, a bit sad and I frown.

"Yeah, well... just recently." I mutter. "Why?"

He shakes his head and I can't help but feel a slight tension lingering in the air between us.

"It doesn't matter anyways." I shrug."My dad made it impossible for us to see each other."

"You'll see him soon. Have faith."
He smiles making me smile right back.

Shawn's POV

"You know just because you are sitting here and waiting for her to finish her dance with Gavin doesn't mean she is going to talk to you." I grumble at my dad who is sitting beside me,as I watch my sister dancing with the small crowd on the dance floor.

Hannah held my hand in both of hers on my lap, gently rubbing her thumb over the back of my hand to ease my anger.

"Why couldn't Ryder go for a guy like Gavin?" He ask, saying his thoughts annoyingly out loud.

I roll my eyes. "She did, but now you made it impossible for them to be together."

"Harry is nothing like Gavin."  He counters. I turn my head to look at my dad and he is glaring at me.

"No you're right." I nod. "Harry is better, and I don't mean to say it as an offense towards Gavin."

"Harry is better because despite of the fucked up things he has done, and who and where he comes from, he has the balls to change and be there for my sister and accepts that he isn't perfect but is trying to be for her sake." I hiss.

"He loves her dad and just because you have this narcissistic, barbaric idea that Harry can't make her happy you are dead wrong." I say standing up from my chair. "Now, if you'll excuse me I have a call to make."

Ryder's POV

After the meal was served I stood off to the side of the table with my hands behind my back looking out at the people occupying the capacity of the room. I honestly can't believe so many people showed up, and I guess it does help that Hannah invited a few important people from the company.