Names

You can call me Felicity Jones. That's not the name my parents had given me when I was born, but as far as you will ever know, that is my name.

What really is a name?

Names are something that separates you from the rest. They define us. But why?
Doesn't it bother anyone else that someone else has your name? I don't own that line, Tyler Joseph and Joshua Dunn do, but it's very true. I hate being in a classroom, an office, my job, and someone calling out my name but not addressing me.

My name isn't particularly a popular one, it's not Emily, or Sarah, or Lauren, but I have met my fair share of people with my name. First, middle, and last.

In order to separate ourselves from others even more, some of us break apart, put together, or change our names. Changing Alyssa to Aly, combining your first name Mary with your middle to make Mary Beth, and completely ridding your first name and going by your middle name. So many people alter the name they are given on their birth certificate that it feels almost pointless to name a child.

However, if you call someone named Wesley, Wes, there's a chance they might get mad at you because, they don't like their name short cutted.

Then there are some parents that it makes me wonder what gave them the power to ruin their child's life by giving them a terrible name. I once met this one girl who told me her name and I asked her the story behind it. Keep in mind her name was something I had never, ever, heard before. She told me that the hospital gave her a temporary name and her mother loved it so her mother kept it. "Fuh" "Mall" "Ee" is how you would pronounce her name. The next question I asked her was how do you spell it. Letter by letter she spelled out her name for me.
F
E
M
A
L
E.
Female. Her name was Female. I don't know where Female is today, but I do hope she's doing okay.

Pet names and nick names I think are the absolute worst. They're not original. Someone else already calls another person that pet name, that nickname. So why do you call them by that in the first place. Sugar, Baby Doll, Baby Girl, Moe, Red, Buttercup, Peaches, and all other names that have something to do with food are absolutely ridiculous. The only time buttercup has been a reasonable thing to call someone is in the movie, The Princess Bride. That's it.