Chapter 5

So far the 1st school day has been slow and boring. I was in 3rd period about to go to 4th period, which is Algebra 2 with Leo. After that is lunch, so i couldn't wait. i had spent my first 3 classes introducing myself and then sitting somewhere that wouldn't bring me so much attention, but of course being a new student and all, I got all the attention.

When 4th period came I caught up with Leo and walked to class with him. The class was a mixture of sophomores and Juniors, so the class was split in two, Juniors in one side, Sophomores in the other. But lucky for me I got sat next to Leo which was in the back middle of the class where the seat were split between the Sophomores and Juniors. Everything went fine until lunch came.

After the bell rang for lunch time,  me and Leo split up. Leo went to look for Manny and to talk with some friends. He had told me to look for a table in the cafeteria and that he would meet up with  me there. On my way there I came across Jackson. He saw me and came up to and dragged me to sit on a table with him. Well there goes the promise I made to Leo.

"So October, that's your real name right?" He asked, he was clearly trying to get to know me, and I being the polite person i am, yeah right, I answered back.

"Y-Yeah, it's October, but they call me Toby, which is short for October, which you probably already guessed that." Can I get anymore awkward. 

"Oh cool, so how come I've never seen you before? I'm pretty sure I should have noticed you before."

"Well you see, we just moved here from Texas last week. My parents got divorced and mom's auntie left her a house here so yeah, we pretty much moved here."  I just shrugged my shoulders as I told him. He looked like he was going to give me sympathy for my parents divorced but I really didn't care anymore, I mean I think it was best for everyone since we all looked miserable with how things were going anyways. " I don't really fell upset about the divorce though, the divorce was best for everyone." I just nod my head to a sure him about it, which he fell for..

" Oh well that's good, I guess... I was thinking since you're new here, that I could give you a tour of the area, show you the hot spots and all. So what do you think?" He gave me a big gorgeous smile, as in that will help him  persuade me into agreeing, which wouldn't work with me. Well.... it did but before I even got to say anything, Leo interrupted us by sitting next to me with Manny and Lina behind him, he then glared at Jackson, who glared back, and asked me. " Hey Toby, want to go get some lunch with us?"

"Uhh... Sure, let me just finish talking with Jackson, yeah." He looked unsure for a second, he sent a glare to Jackson but looked back at me and smiled. " Sure, I'll wait for you in the snack line, not the lunch line, the snack line which is over there." He pointed to my left where there was a line that was selling McDonald's. Yay!!! Food  that isn't made by the school with weird ingredients that could probably kill you. God bless this school, for making a smart choice for everyone.

At that he stood up and left with Manny to the snack line, Lina stayed behind and sat with me and Jackson. She looked at me and raised and eyebrow then turned to Jackson and smiled. "Hi, I'm Yasleen, but you can call me Lina. I'm Toby's older sister. We have Physics together right, you're the one that came into class late?"

He stares at her and tilts his head in confusion. Then he lights up remembering something. " Oh yeah,  I remember now, we do have that class together."

Then i ask. " So you're a Senior then?" He turns to face me. 

" Yeah, was supposed to graduate last year, but I skipped a lot my 9th grade so I failed and had to retake my 9th grade year all over again." I smile at him.

" I know how that feels like. I failed my 8th grade year because I picked up a habit of being lazy and didn't do my work at all, so instead of being a Junior I'm sadly a Sophomore."  He looked at me surprised. "No way you're a Sophomore!"