Chapter 3

It has been a week since we had arrived to out new house and we had already made ourselves at home. But since we didn't have much with us, basically 2/3's of the house was empty. We only took up the kitchen, one of the living rooms, and our bedrooms.

The whole thing with what I had heard that night was long forgotten. I had spent the days busy helping mom decorate the house and thinking about how I will have to attend school soon to even remember that night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

During the whole first week here, we haven't left the house at all. Sherryl had passed by and had brought us groceries since we didn't have a car to go out and plus we lived pretty far from the nearest store, which was a gasoline station, so we had no other option but to stay in. But then last night, Sherryl had a neighbor of hers bring in a car for us. It was a silver surburban, which my mother Is grateful for.

The neighbor who brought the car in was a was tall handsome guy that looked like he was around me and Lina' s age. He had curly brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes ever. I don't know why, but i have a thing for guys with curly hair, it just makes me feel tingly inside when i think about running my finger through the soft curly hair of a guy.

He had gotten out of the car and came over to introduce himself. 

" So, um, my name is Leo, I'm Sherryl's neigbor,...and she told me to bring you guys her old surburban, because apperently you guys don't have a car."

He spoke, standing there awkwardly as he grabbed the back of his neck, clearly not knowing what to do. I thought that was adorable, kind of made me want to kiss the guy.

"Well why thank you Leo. I'm Mandy, Sherryl's cousin, in case you didn't know. And these are my daughters, Yasleen and October."

Me and Lina just waved shyly and smiled at him. He did the same back. He is so awkwardly desirable  you wouldn't believe the kind of thoughts that were running in my head about him. Stupid teenage hormones. I wonder what's going in Lina's head though, probably something wilder. Dirty Lina.

"So why don't you come in and have some cookies and a drink before you leave, as a thank you for bringing the car,besides you're probably hungry from the long drive over here." Mom opened the door wider as to indicate that he enters the house. 

Lina gave a confused look to mom. "But mom, we don't don't really live that far away..." She gave Lina a stern look as to telling her to shut up. 

".... but yeah please, Leo, do come in to have some of the cookies we just made. They're fresh out  of the oven."  She motions her arms towards the door so he can come in, which he does. And then smiles to mom to please her. 

After he goes in and mom following I whisper to Lina. "Nice save."

"Thanks, but hey, he's a hottie don't you think?" she wriggle her eyebrows at me. I can't help but laugh at her.

"Yeah, he is. Do you think we'll have any classes with him in our new school? Will we even attend the same school as him?"

Apparently, last week mom had searched up some of the schools that they had here, and registered us in the top 3 nearest that were close to home. We only got accepted in 2. And out of the 2, we chose to attend Woodson High. The other option was a Catholic school, and we're not really fond of unifroms, especially the ones that have girls wearing skirts.

"Shit!! I almost forgot about school. For some reason I thought our move over here meant we wouldn't have to go to school anymore. Well I do hope we go to his school...and that he's a senior like me, 'cuz you know me I don't do guys younger than me."