Chapter 2: In Which Percy Trashes Buses

Start from the beginning

"You blew up a school bus." she said in Russian.

"Yes. But I wasn't exactly aiming for it." he replied.

"Well, that's the next thing I'll teach you. Aiming. With a gun." she said.

"Really?" Percy said, switching to English.

"Yes, really." Natasha replied.

"Just keep one thing in mind. You might hesitate to shoot someone. To kill someone. But if you know that they plan to hurt or kill someone else, if you are 100 percent sure that they have chosen to lead a life of evil, then take the shot. If not, then try to find another way." she continued. Percy nodded.

June 2006

Percy's P.O.V.

A year later, Percy was a terrifying shot with a gun. He could also speak Russian, French, and Spanish fluently. And his reflexes were good, as well as his physical condition. While he was at Yancy, Natasha would pick him up at night or on the weekends. Then, Ms. Dodds happened. Percy didn't say anything about her to Natasha, but the agent was probably able to sense that something was wrong. Next, the Minotaur happened, and Percy found out his father wasn't actually dead, and everything was pretty crazy. He had a feeling Natasha was probably worried for him.

At that moment, he was wrestling with the driver of a bus for control in the Lincoln tunnel. He steered the bus to the left and hoped that the furies were getting thrown into the windows. Then, Percy saw something interesting. Natasha was in a car chase in a convertible, and she was right next to him. She was dodging bullets but she was trapped. The Yankees cap had already fallen off, so he stuck his head out the side window, and yelled.

"Natasha!! Cut in front of the bus!!" he screamed. She looked at him, startled, and yelled back.

"Why are you wanted? And what are you doing?" she exclaimed.

"I met my dad's side of the family and his enemies!!! I'll explain more later!!" he replied.

Natasha gunned the engine, and shot forward. Percy steered the bus into the side of the tunnel, cutting Natasha's chasers off. He let the driver take control of the bus and headed to the back of the bus to face the furies.

Natasha's P.O.V.

When Percy showed up on her TV as a wanted person, Natasha freaked out a bit. She had become pretty attached to the kid, and thought of him as a younger brother. But then, she got sent on a mission, and she had to put her emotions in a little box in the back of her mind. And so, she infiltrated a small Hydra base and grabbed their experimental weapons and files. The car chase afterwards was more dangerous than expected. As she sped through the Lincoln Tunnel, she noticed a bus to her right start swerving. She was very surprised when Percy stuck his head out the window and yelled at her to cut in front of the bus. Shooting past him, she glanced back to see him steer the bus into the left side of the Lincoln Tunnel. She hoped he was okay, but she needed to get out of there. Natasha stepped on the gas and went back to SHIELD.

A couple days passed. Natasha watched the news for anything on Percy. What she did see made no sense. A hole in the St. Louis Arch, a sighting in a diner in Denver, and a picture snapped outside of the ruins of the bus he was driving, with claims that he had been attacking three old ladies. What was she supposed to make of that? Then, Natasha turned on the TV to find that Percy had apparently been kidnapped with two of his friends, and then dragged across the country on a "10 day odyssey of terror". Then, Percy had apparently stolen a rifle from the kidnapper and fought him on the beach, shotgun against rifle. Natasha internally cheered at that. The kidnapper had blown up five police cars by shooting an engine, and then disappeared. Natasha watched as Percy delivered a tearful thank you to the people of Los Angeles, and smirked as he said his step-father would like to give free appliances to everyone who called. Served that walrus of a man right. 

Natasha was proud of Percy's acting. It was pretty good. She decided that would be the next thing she taught him. That as well as lying convincingly. She drove by Sally's house and found Percy, who told her that there was a camp where he was being trained in Greek, as well as taught some weaponry. He confirmed the story that the news channel had told, but she could tell that there was something he and his mother weren't telling her. She told him that she would find a time to teach him. He smiled and headed off to his camp.

By the end of the summer, he had returned to school, and she was teaching him again on the weekends. His step-father had disappeared, which Natasha didn't really worry too much about. They had started hand to hand combat and wrestling, as well as German. Percy was also getting better at acting, as well as lying, and affecting different accents. Natasha thought that he would make a great spy one day. He was good at noticing details, which his ADHD helped with. Natasha taught him to interpret these details. Percy had already been good at reading people, but now he could understand microexpressions, as well as get a feel for people's emotions. He was still struggling with picking out lies, though. At the end of the school year, Natasha left New York for a long undercover mission in Miami, proud of all the progress Percy had made.