That's OK

Midna: Link I have great news! :)

Link: Oh really? What's up? :)

Midna: Ok, so ya know that guy you saw me kissing the other day?

Link: What about him?

Midna: He asked me out today! I'm so happy we're dating now!!! :)

Link:  That's great! I'm really happy for you :)

Midna: Thanks! :D Well I gtg. He's taking me on a date in about an hour so I have to get ready. Ttyl!

Link: K bye. Have fun

Link turned off his phone broken hearted. He laughed to himself; oh how easy it was to lie through a message. No one can see all the pain you're hiding from behind a glowing screen. Link cursed to himself, remembering what he had witnessed a few days back.

He was at Midna's for their tradition of celebrating the day they became best friends. They'd done it since they were little, but this time was different. Today was the day Link would confess everything, the day he would muster up the courage to tell Midna how he felt.

Sadly, his idea was short lived.

When he arrived at her apartment, he heard muffled noises from inside. Link cringed as he heard the feint grunts and moans through the door. He knocked, praying that it wasn't Midna emitting those groans of ecstasy.

When no one answered, he grabbed her spare key and opened the door. When is eyes met the scene before him, his heart sank. Sure enough, there was the woman he loved kissing (if you could call it that) another man. Link was both disgusted and crestfallen as Midna groaned out such a horrid sound.

Coming to his senses, Link cleared his throat as an attempt to stop their activities. Finally coming to a stop, the two turned to him, blushing and dazed.

"Oh, Link! H-hey..." Midna stuttered as she came to her senses. Link felt heat rise to his face as she spoke.

"Should I uh... come back later?" He asked, obviously weirded out by the situation.

Midna shrugs and states, "Well I mean... I could introduce you. Link, this is Zant. Zant, meet my best friend, Link."

Link gave a slight nod to the dazed man before him before continuing, "S-sorry. I didn't mean to i-intrude..."

Midna giggled before shock crossed her stunning features.

"Oh no!", she facepalmed, "It's today, isn't it?" Link nodded.

"Oh Goddesses, Link... I'm so sorry! It completely slipped my mind! Oh crap... tell you what. How about we celebrate it tomorrow and I can make it up to you. Ok?" Link nodded reluctantly.

"I'll just... uh, leave you both to your um... activity..." Link said as he quickly backed out of the small apartment.

He knew Midna never meant to forget, but that wasn't the main reason why he was mad. To be honest, he didn't know the real reason why he was angry. All he knew was that the woman he loves is with another, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Well, almost.

He picked up his phone and texted the one person who'd understand.

Link: Hey

Zelda: Hey. You ok?

Link: No

Zelda: My place or yours?

Link: Mine

Zelda: I'll be over in no more than 10

Zelda didn't know why she did this to herself. She didn't know why she put herself into this never ending cycle, yet there she was, driving over to Link's so she could provide the only help she could.