Sneezes and Scares

Bored.

That's all the ill princess could think. She stared out the window of her bedchamber, praying to Nayru that she'd get well soon.

Bored.

The only thing Zelda could do was look over the land of Hyrule waiting for her husband to return.

Bored.

She let out a long groan of frustration. Of all days to get sick, it had to be the one where they would venture the two hour journey to the Ordon Province and meet with the mayor and other Hyrulian officials about the recent drought from the hot summer weather.

Bored.

The princess was lost in her own thoughts as she heard a knock at the door. Her heart sped up slightly, hoping Link had returned from the meeting.

"Your Majesty? It's time for another dose of your medication."

False alarm.

Princess Zelda sunk back into the soft covers of her bed as the nurse called for her once again.

"My Lady? Are you alright?"

Zelda coughed before responding, "Y-yes I'm fine. Please, come in."

Bored.

The maid came as soon as she left, leaving Zelda to grimace at the aftertaste of her nasty medication.

Bored.

What could she do, read a book?

Bored.

Sign a document or two?

Bored.

Stare at the sky?

Bored.

Hours went by, but no matter what happened, she couldn't get rid of her boredom, or her illness.

Bored.

Then it hit her. A wave of nausea swept over the princess like a roaring sea. Not good.

She ran to the restroom as fast as she could, no matter how badly her body protested against the movement. And then, she lost it.

Link walked in as the princess rejected the rest of her dinner. He rushed to the bathroom to find his wife washing her mouth out, her face flushed from the recent event.

"Well you look like you're having a great time," he said sarcastically while he gently wrapped his arms around her waist. Zelda just glared at him as she spat out the remaining acids in her mouth.

"Oh be quiet. You, Hero, aren't the one violently ill." Link rolled his eyes at his wife's accusation. She turned to face him and leaned against his chest.

"Y'know love, you really should be getting some rest," he said as he placed a kiss on her head. Zelda groaned.

"Does that mean more movement?", she whined. Link smiled and shook his head. She really was hopeless...

"Well, it won't." Before she could say anything else, Link picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her back over to the bed.

He placed her down gently and planted a small kiss on her cheek. "I'll be back in a moment," Link assured as he walked into the restroom.

He did as promised, and as soon as he left, he returned. Zelda smiled smally at her husband as he took his usual place beside her. Link wrapped his arm around her waist and held her close as he asked, "Need anything before I get too comfortable?" Zelda shook her head.

She leaned into his embrace, finding comfort and warmth in his arms. She looked up at Link, who started to doze off, and smiled. Even though she was sick, she couldn't feel happier.

But that was short lived.

ACHOO!

Zelda's sneeze caused Link to jump awake and hit his chin on his wife's head. This caused him to lean back just enough to lose balance on the bed. Zelda reached out to stop him, but to no avail.

Link fell straight off the bed, taking Zelda tumbling right after him. Link grunted as Zelda landed on top of him with a high pitched squeak. Both of them looked at eachother in silence, their brains taking a moment to register what just happened.

A small smile slowly crept onto the princess's face as she fell into a fit of giggles at the now flustered hero.

"I-it's not that funny," Link said with a pout. Zelda nodded as Link rolled his eyes and began to sit up.

"Alright. You are obviously delusional from your illness. Back to bed for you, madam." He picked her up as he stood and placed the princess gently back on the bed. Link kissed her forehead tenderly as she apologized.

"Get some rest, beautiful," Link said with a chuckle as he lay down beside her. Zelda nodded and snuggled up to Link, mumbling something that was barely audible.

But Link knew exactly what she meant.

"I love you too."

*****
AN
Heeyyy my Strangers! I made a little bit of fluff for you all because let's face it, it's a nice change from all the angst. Don't forget to leave suggestions! I love you all! Stay Strange!

♡ - Em