Epilogue

Carolina's POV

"We gather here today, not for revenge, not to fight, not to make new friends, but to remember who we have lost in this war. The soldiers, medics, civilians, the innocents. We have lost too many people to what some of you will undoubtedly think is our fault." I paused as I gauged the crowd's reactions and I saw my reflection in the pond next to me with charred, dented, and bruised armor. "I wish to bestow my deepest condolences however I also understand how hollow these words sound. I too have lost many friends and family members. I understand the gaping hole that is left behind, I realize that you all feel an overwhelming sense of loss. I just hope that I can help repay for the incredible hardships you all have stood up against. So now I hereby declare a 21 Gun salute to the fallen Soldiers who did not die in vain, but to save the Planet of Chorus, to save you."

I turned as the reds and blues made a line as I joined them.

"Fire!" Sarge yelled. I felt the kick of the DMR against my shoulder as I felt this salute go to more than the fallen of Chorus, but also to my team I lost. "Fire!" I saw flashes of the Freelancer team and I felt tears enter my eyes. "Fire!" I slowly zoned out as the gunshots started to become muffled.

Sarge stepped forward to the podium, "We have agreed to stick around and stay here with you guys. Also we will assist in the rebuilding of the Capitol and other cities." Sarge paused and then turned on TeamCom as he told all of us, "And maybe if we are lucky, Grif will get lost and or even die."

I couldn't help but smile. I stepped back up to the podium, "We will be keeping the Planet under martial law until a new leader is elected to lead the Planet. Each and everyone of us freelancers and reds and blues will step down from leading the planet, but we will lead the planet's armed forces. Thank you all for your service."

As everyone walked away I sat on the edge of the pond as I looked at the sunset. The Alpha buzzed alive in my head, "I wouldn't get too comfy. You have a military to train."

I sighed, "I guess I do." I got up and saw all of the reds and blues were gone and Wash was left, his helmet off as he offered me a hand up.

Wash looked sweaty, "Lets go, I wanna get out of this old malfunctioning suit, Dr. Gray said she made us some new suits."