Chapter 9

Carolina's P.O.V.
Caves of Chorus

I stepped forward with Locus on my six and then Kimball, Maine, York, Wash, The 3 injured soldiers, and Agent Nevada bringing up the rear as they all fell in line behind me as I edged out of the cave towards the buried tanks as I threw a grenade out to check for any movements of enemy soldiers. The grenade went off as I looked for little ripples from the imperfect active camo to see nothing there. I then held up my hand as I saw a ripple of motion and I knelt and looked again for the ripple. After about another minute I took down my hand as the freelancers all flashed their Acknowledgement Lights. I continued forward as the last Scorpion Battle Tank blew up right next to us as we were thrown to the wall from the force of the explosion as the other squads streamed out and surrounded us as all of the medics assessed us. My left ear was ringing from the blast and my shield system was wailing. I then pulled up my squads to see a few broken ribs and elevated pulses. I then pulled up my own to see internal bleeding in my stomach and a partially collapsed lung. I then started to see my vision go dark as I fought to stay conscious as York came over to me and grabbed my hand sending me into a flashback of him by my side after my procedure for the AI implantation. I then gasped and opened my eyes as my sight cleared up as York withdrew a syringe. He held up a finger in a hush gesture as he helped me up and I then walked to the front of the group. I then headed out again as I then stopped and saw the ripple again. I shook my head and decided my mind was playing tricks on me.

I then proceeded as I saw the cryopod containing Allison in it to see it had been broken open and the body was gone. I then sent a yellow flash to everyone to proceed with caution as I boosted my motion detector range to 200 meters to see nothing ahead. I then pushed onwards as the rest of the people followed me. I then zoned out as I thought back to the argument I had with Kimball about the reliability of the teleportation cubes. I snapped back into reality when I almost tripped and I caught myself. Wash opened a private com with me and sent a message.

"What is going on Carolina? Why are acting so erratic? You took a heavy hit from the explosion."

"I'm fine, I am fine okay?" I continued walking forward as I terminated the private chat. After another hour of walking through the caves I held up my fist as everyone stopped and I heard some voices.

"What do you mean the Reds and Blues are hurt, were they actually taken down?"

"Yep, they are hiding now, Sarge, Doc, Simmons, Griff, Donut, and Caboose are all captured and being held captive somewhere onboard. Tucker and Lopez are still free and hiding somewhere."

I felt myself filling with fear and hatred as I ran into the opening to see a Spartan team. I paused and sent a red light to hide and not come forward. A Spartan walked forward to me as his visor unpolarized and he said, "My name is Spartan Jerome, I am here to save you guys and the citizens of Chorus by direct orders of Admiral Omega."

The world started spinning as I collapsed and looked up into the visor of Jerome who then injected Biofoam and he then removes my armor as the other squads ran in and fired at the Spartan team when I activated my bubble shield and passed out. To see Spartan Jerome activate a healing unit around me.

Tucker's P.O.V.
Malcolm Hargrove's ship.

"Caboose!" I yelled as a grenade blew up that threw caboose to the wall. I ran over to Caboose to check his vital signs to see him fine as I activate the. Healing unit as more troopers streamed in. Then Doc took a hit and collapsed as Sarge rushed forward and took out 3 more troopers to get knocked out cold as I then yelled the last command I could think of. "Scatter and hide now!" and we all split up running as I then stood my ground and activated my personal shield and I then charged them as I took a shot to my left shoulder and I then activated an emo and I ran past them to be tripped by a soldier and hit by a trooper. I then rolled and sliced him with the energy sword. I then ran down a ball and entered a door and closed it behind me as I collapsed and started to cry. I kept thinking I failed them as I saw more and more biosigns flat lining and missing all together. I then just broke down. The door slid open and I jumped up ready to fight when I noticed it was Lopez, I then hugged him and pulled him inside as I steeled my resolve and pulled out my energy sword.