Chapter 7

Carolina's P.O.V.
CAVES of Chorus

I woke up and saw Wash laying motionless on the cot beside me. I reached for his hand and I saw his chest rising and falling. I sighed in relief and I walked out of the makeshift barracks. I then went by the civilian barracks we set up and I stopped to see Locus helping the civilians in any way he could. I walked in and I watched for a bit as Locus was wrapping a gash on a guys leg. I assumed from falling debris. I then turned around to bump into Kimball.
"I apologize ma'am." I said and she waved it off.
"No worries. I was looking for you." Vanessa than walked to the temporary captains quarters. "Look Carolina, we need to have a miracle happen. We are out of food and low on munitions. I suggest we fight our way out of here and go to a floating tower or something. Maybe we can raid a few abandoned bases or something but we can't stay here."
I nodded, "Could we return to crash site alpha? I know there was still some food in the ship."
"How do we do it without being tracked. It isn't like we can just jump from shadow to shadow or we could teleport."
I stopped her and held my hand up. "How many people can be teleported by a single teleportation cube? Cause what if only Wash and I go and then we relay through a radio when to teleport. It could work. It would be faster and more convenient, we could take the camouflaged pelican to secure the L.Z. and then we could be super quick."
I could see Vanessa warming up to the idea when Locus walked in. "Can I help you guys secure the landing site?" he asked.
I felt really nervous about allowing Locus to join us but Vanessa interrupted, "Sure Locus, but remember we are watching you."
Locus than took off his helmet and his midnight black hair fell into place. "You can trust me. I promise you. I will do anything in my power to help you." Locus than turned on his heel and I saw the freelancer symbol tattooed on the back of his neck.
I reached out and stopped him suddenly very suspicious. "Where did the tattoo come from. Why do you have that on your body?" I asked more or less worried to hear the answer.
He turned and chuckled, "You don't remember me? I'm offended. How did you forget me so quickly, it has only been 6 years. Let's see if you remember this," he pauses, "I am Agent California reporting for the final mission."
I gasped. "You were killed on your first mission though, I saw you get shot. I saw you collapse. How?

Adm_Omega P.O.V.
Onboard The UNSC Pillar of Ice

I walked onto the bridge of the frigate as the crew all stood up and saluted me. "AI report," I said as a green hologram appeared "Set us on for the fastest course to chorus now."
"Aye admiral. Course set. Arrival to the planet Chorus in approximately 17 hours sir."
I sat down in the captain's chair and I pulled up the manifest of the ship's cargo and weaponry to see a full stock of Archer Missiles with a full count of 500 total. I then saw the ship had been equipped with a double Mac cannon each with 15 rounds. I hoped 30 shots would be enough. I then saw 3 nukes and I say 400 days worth of food for the crew alone. The AI appeared and said "Captain, my name is Erandus. The manifest you see is the standard equipment given to any ship of war. The extra food is for the people of Chorus. I hope this is an easy trip sir." The AI winked out of view as I then left the deck to go and brief the Spartan team on their mission.

Tucker's P.O.V.
Hargrove's Ship

I ran down the hall to finally come up to the door of the bridge as everyone fell in behind me. "F.I.L.L.I.S., can you please open this door for me."
The animated voice started to respond when it cut out and Hargrove came on the Speaker, "So foolish and full of hope. But I hope you realize I let you get this far. What separates you and me right now is a 3 foot thick titanium door that can survive a direct nuke. I just disconnected F.I.L.L.I.S. from the system so best of luck trying to get in. I suggest you boys turn around." The intercom cut out and we turned around to see row after row of soldiers all holding primed grenades.
"Today is a good day to die" Sarge announced as he aimed his shotgun.

I pulled out my energy sword and I prepped the Zeta unit. "Get ready to activate a bubble shield or something." I turned on my external Mic and I told everyone. "Get your fragments ready to combine on me so I can protect you guys." Then at the shoulder of everyone of the reds and blues fragments appeared, and then all rushed into me as the grenades were thrown. I collapsed onto the ground as the fragments entered my head causing a massive migraine. I groaned and managed to activate the bubble shield to see a blue bubble shield rather the normal translucent as the Epsilon fragment started to piece together. I could feel my head hurting less and less as the first grenades bounced off of the shield and exploding harmlessly. I stood up as the rain of grenades bounced back toward the troopers and I struggled to stay up. Then I heard him. The Epsilon fragment was back and I could hear the other fragments as well. Theta, sigma, iota, all of them were back.

I felt something missing from Epsilon though, I couldn't place it but I then charged forward at the remaining troopers determined to kill them all