Chapter 4

Tucker's P.O.V.

Hargrove's Ship (right after season 13 cliffhanger)

Tucker gasped as he felt the Epsilon Unit shatter in his mind and a new cold entered his head as a new voice entered his mind and the door was blasted inwards as the red's and blue's all fired a wall of bullets filling the air.

"Duck and roll to the left and kill the trooper on the right, then duck and roll back in to cover." The new voice was darker, a bit more brutal and much more unforgiving then he remembered the Epsilon unit. Tucker did as he was told and he stabbed a trooper stopping him right before he shot Caboose.  

Tucker rolled back as a round of glowing purple needles flew over his head impacting the bulkhead behind him as the rest of the troopers all slowly died off one by one. After another 20 minutes Lopez ducked as he yelled "Mierda! Estoy fuera de la munición." and he threw down his plasma rifle.

Sarge laughed as he threw down his shotgun as he used his last shot and Simmons ran out of ammo for his Needlers and Freckles killed the last trooper. "Did Griff die today?" Sarge asked jokingly.

"No, sir," Griff replied as he leaned against the wall looking at the bodies that had piled up. "I am still alive, sir."

Tucker paused as he shut off his external mic and he finally asked the new unit a question, "You are not Epsilon, I know that because I felt him shatter, who are you? What is your unit designation?"

Tucker felt the AI laugh as he responded, "Aah, Captain Lavernius Tucker, Leader of the Reds and Blues, the man in the Meta's Armor, I know all about you yet you still don't know who I am? I am still technically this so called 'Epsilon Unit', however I am a fragment. I am more then the memories now, I am all of the tactical planning, the killer inside of us all. I am the Alpha and the Omega, I am also the Epsilon, I am them all and I am none all at the same time, so Captain Tucker, now you tell me who you think I am, I am, after all, an old friend." The voice was dripping with an anger that was inexplicable. 

Tucker paused, hesitant, "You are the Zeta unit, you hold everything together while tearing it apart. You are memories and strategies all at once. You are pure darkness. You are the feeling of revenge and vengeance with an unstoppable fury. Yes?"

Tucker felt the unit withdraw with an angry hiss as he reactivated his external mic. "Let's move out and get out of here before more troopers come."

As the crew was leaving they all picked up more ammo as Sarge came over to Tucker. "You have a new unit son?"

"Huh?" Tucker replied not really paying attention.

"Listen to me, I have an Epsilon Fragment that goes by the Name of Octanus. It is weird, what did Blue Boy do?" Sarge replied.

"I think he fragmented to give us all units to help us out. However, I suggest we don't let the AI communicate with each other until we get off this ship." Tucker walked out of the room as he  and the rest followed him leaving the room. "Hey Griff, pull up the ship's schematics and put it on our network HUD."

"On it, sir."

Tucker heard a deep rumble as he motioned to everyone to go up against the wall. Tucker then amplified his external mic and faintly heard some more troopers, "Why does Hargrove care so much about these Red and Blue guys anyway, they can't get past us when we have 5 tanks."

Tucker then saw the ship's schematics pull up as he changed the route to go to the bridge. as he then shut off his external mic and opened a com channel. "Go silent, shut off all external mics and over D-Band frequency only. We have 5 tanks in our way and we are going to get past them, Lopez, you still have any more rockets with you?"

"Si, yo soy siete mas."

"I love you to buddy." Donut said.

"Lopez Take point, I'll go next, then everyone else fall in and activate the thermal covers to mask our approach from any heat seeking imaging. On my mark. 3, 2, 1, Mark!"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chat Room Omega

"Adm_Omega" has entered Chat Room Omega:

"Adm_Epsilon" has entered Chat Room Omega:

Adm_Omega: Does Hargrove know the plan?

Adm_Epsilon: Yes, Hargrove knows that his only chance to be able to remain as part of the UNSC is to make sure that anything and everything related to the reds and blues along with Project Freelancer must be destroyed. He also knows that if he fails he should just start running.

Adm_Omega: That wasn't part of the plan, You leave my son out of this. The plan, Orion, was enacted to kill the reds and blues, not the Freelancers too. They are part of a different contingency. And even then that involves using the remaining freelancers to do our black ops and the dirty works.

Adm_Epsilon: Plans change admiral, and if you can't follow through with the new plan, then I will have you silenced.

Adm_Omega: Fine, then have fun trying to find me. You will not have me be a part of killing my own son.

"Adm_Omega" has left the chat room.

Adm_Epsilon: AI, did you track him, where is he? Where did he go?

Cortana: I did track him, and I have also tracked you down to, so do you expect me to care about your petty little problems? I am The Peacekeeper and the Keeper of the Mantle, You do not have any control over me. You will cease and desist immediately or I will rain hell with the full power of the Forerunners down upon you.

"Adm_Epsilon" has left the chat room.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Epsilon P.O.V.

Epsilon finished concealing himself as he downloaded into Wash's neural interface. I am just the memory fragment of a memory unit. He saw a flash of white and he was with the director again. Epsilon forced a wall of code around him as he forced the memory away. 'I wish that I could forget him."' Epsilon thought as he prepared himself to initiate the final memory wipe. But he stopped himself as he thought of Carolina. 'Not today buddy, as he felt a flicker of logic from Delta and a moment of happiness from Theta. 'I miss you guys.' "Wash, I am the Epsilon fragment. Keep in mind that you will have memories and flashbacks that aren't yours and not all of them are mine either."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed Chapter 4, Have a great day! If you liked it, share it, comment, vote, and read on my fellow Freelancers. Thanks for reading.