Chapter 8

Carolina's P.O.V.
CAVES of Chorus

I walked out of the tent back to the barracks as I gathered all of the remaining people of Chorus. I stood up on a ledge as I activated my external amplifier and I started. "People of Chorus, whether you be civilians, soldiers, medics, everyone who can fire a weapon will be needed for this part. As you all know we are out of food and dangerously low on munitions. It is time for us to strike back before it is too late. I need all people who are able to fire a weapon to step forward."

A surge of people stepped forward. Only 3 people were left behind who were on crutches.

I nodded as I did a quick head count to total of 153 able bodies ready to fight. I paused and then continued. "This is not your last fight, as long as every one does what they are supposed to do, everyone could get out of here safely. I want all current squad leaders to step forward, which includes all of the people who were a part of the reds and blues squads." 14 people steeped forward again. "Alright, now I need all battlefield medics to step forward." Another 5 people stepped forward. "Ookaaay. How about all medical personal in general?" I ask hesitantly. Another 9 people step forward. "Excellent, I want one medical unit in every squad. I don't care who goes where. Next, I want the trained soldiers to divide yourselves evenly into the 14 squads. You guys will have a bit more ammo but not a lot so make every shot count."

The majority of the remaining number of people then split up leaving 8 people left. I pointed at each of them, "You guys will be with my squad of Washington, Kimball, Locus, and me." I paused. "Meet your new squad mates, it is time to take back Chorus and return it to the real owners. Ooh Rah!"

There was an echo of Ooh Rah's following as I nodded and Kimball stepped up with me. She held up her hand and the people quieted down.

"People of Chorus," She brought her hand down, "This will be a real test of courage, strength, mental clarity, and bravery. I need you all to remember with limited munitions every shot must count. For every single one of Hargrove's forces we take down, we need to take their weapons and ammo. We must get out of these Caves so we can then get on board Michael Hargrove's ship to help out the reds and blues. But over all. We must finish the fight that was brought to us before we are too late. I know we started as a planet in a civil war but I see an unified army now. For Chorus!" Vanessa looked out as the people repeated her message. "We move out in 3 hours so get packed up. We need to find a way to transport the injured soldiers as well. One or two will be assigned to each squad. We will be using the UNSC D-Band frequency to communicate. Dismissed, get ready," Vanessa turned to me and she said, "You know Hargrove could just trap us but he didn't, why? I don't like it at all."

I nodded in agreement as I saw an incoming transmission from Captain Lavernious Tucker. I held up one finger as I patched him through. "What is happening?"

"It is really bad up here, the Director arrived in a ship called the Father of Invention. He is causing help but he in under heavy fire. And well, he jettisoned 3 drop pods all labelled as Agents of Project Epsilon. What is going on?"

I paused. "He is here to help recover the Epsilon unit, do you have any fragments Tucker?"

"Well yeah duh, I have all the fragments of the fragments inside me, Bow Chicka Bow Wow!"

"Tucker. Are you all okay? Any casualties?"

"No of course not, we are badass space pirates. We are all okay, a few injuries but noting fatal. Doc took a shot to the shoulder but he is okay."

I sighed in relief. "Can you turn off the external defense systems on the ship Tucker?"

"No, Caboose! Damnit!" The comm then filled with static.