Chapter 10

Carolina's P.O.V.

I ran over to Maine and Wash helped me lift him up onto another cot.

"Dr. Gray, I need you in the Freelancer Barracks now." Wash then proceeded to insert a can of biofoam in to an armor port on my lower abdomen and I could feel the cool material slowly harden.

Maine turned his head and took off his helmet, "Your gonna go far kid." Grabbed my arm and his vitals flat lined as Emily Gray ran back in and then proceeded to start operating. I shook my head and my armors biosign flashed a warning out as I got dizzy.

I collapsed as my armor locked up and saw a message on my hud flashing a red message. I struggled to focus my vision and I made out the words ruptured kidney. I then passed out.

Tucker's P.O.V.

"All right Lopez, time to retrieve our friends."

Lopez cocked his head and said some rapid fire Spanish. "I am going to take that as a yes I hope."

Then the Epsilon fragment filled my head "Hey, Tucker, yeah, hallway is starting to fill up and also I can walk you through changing Lopez's language unit to English."

"Go for it Epsilon." I said. After a few minutes I noticed sparks cutting the door out, "so is this it? Final part to adjust?"

Epsilon paused, "And that should about do it."

Lopez then turned to me, "Well there goes my sarcasm. To bad I can't insult you guys anymore."

"Epsilon, how much time do we have until they cut down the door?" I ask as I check my ammo left in my assault rifle.

"About 30 seconds give or take, now about 25."

I nod, "Lopez, you still got any more jackhammer rockets?"

"No, I am just carrying around rocket launchers cause I like to." He sighed, "Yes I have more rockets."

I paused, "Ya know what Lopez, I think I may have liked you better before. Whatever, fire as soon as the door gets completely cut down." Lopez then knelt on one knee and aimed at the door.

"5 seconds left." Epsilon's hologram then disappeared.

Lopez then fired two rockets at the door in quick succession blasting the door back into the troops crushing several of them. I aimed with my assault rifle waiting for more to come through.

"You are trapped, surrender now or we will kill the Pink guy."

I turned to Lopez who shrugged, "How many times has he been killed again?"

"They don't know we are both in here, I will go out as a distraction. Then you blast them all to hell." Lopez nodded as I then stepped out into the hall to see Donut on his knees and another trooper aiming at my head.

The trooper then shot a bullet right by my head leaving me reeling. "What the hell? I can't believe you fucking missed me at point blank!" I tried to get rid it the ringing in my ear.

The trooper stepped forward, "Sorry, I had to make it sound good for the radio." He then pulled Donut up on his feet and gave him a BR.

Carolina's P.O.V.

I got up and felt a biofoam cast around my stomach.

Dr. Gray then put a hand on my chest, "Stay down. You need to rest, if you don't you risk bleeding out. I repaired your kidney but your left lung is punctured and I can't fix it. You can still fight, but you can't as hard as before."

I shake my head feeling groggy, "I need to go up to Hargrove's ship though. My friends need me."

Dr. Gray shakes her head, "No you can't. If you do you will bleed out and die. I refuse to lose anyone else. That is final. Is that understood Agent Carolina?"

I just nod my head as I feel my throat tighten up. "What is happening out there in space?"

A steady roar fills the caves as Kimball runs in. "Carolina, we got a prowler stealth class ship landing saying you sent him."

I nod,"Bring him to me, I will talk to him."

I look to my left to see 2 soldiers zipping Maine into a body bag and I saw a spark come from his neck as I force myself to look away as I blink away tears.

I hear voices of the freelancers in the hall raise in protest as Kimball tells them all to stand down. The Director walked in with silver hair and his usual black suit.

He ran over to me as he took off My helmet and then gave me two pills. "Take these, they will accelerate your healing. In the mean time, can I just talk to my daughter without everyone staring at us?"

I look at him, "Why? Why did you send Maine back, or should I say another shadow? Why?"

Malcolm Hargrove's P.O.V.

"Where are they?" I yell at one of the prisoners we took. After we took his armor he said his name was Sarge. I glance at my watch to see 5 hours left before the ship detonates.

The prisoner coughed up blood, "You stupid bastard, even if I knew I wouldn't tell you."

I pistol-whipped him as he spat out a tooth on to the floor.

Sarge started laughing, "Give me one reason I would tell you anything after you have killed so many people and made the freelancers into your own toys to run errands."

I cocked the pistol and pointed it point blank at his head.

"Go ahead Hargrove, do it. I refuse to help you."

I pulled the trigger, then turned away and left the cell as I noticed the small drop of blood on my hand.

Carolina's P.O.V.

I heard my recovery beacon go off and I looked and saw it belonged to Sarge. I remember installing it into all of them after the crash landing. I then sat up as Leonard then handed me a data chip.

"What is this?" I say already knowing it was an ai chip.

"This is a new Alpha AI. It is whole and untouched." He then handed me an assault rifle. "Make sure you save the reds and blues. They need you."

I nodded and then inserted the chip into My helmet as the cold presence filled my head and I ran out of the cave.