Prego?

Annabelle's p.o.v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 2 months later

Today was the day of the ball and lately i've tried everything not to go back outside. The doctor came to check on me constantly and my throat finally healed properly after his witch of a mother left. I still haven't told anybody about what happened those two weeks outside or inside. I just tried to keep everything under wraps. I really didn't want to go but being his only house maid, i had no choice. He had finally took me shopping for a better wardrobe and for a haircut, since my hair was very much untamed -says his mother. But i'm glad my hair grows back fast within the last time. I walked upstairs and placed the ointment on my sides,since some of my skin would be showing.

Yes i had hideous scars but what was I suppose to expect when dealing with a crazy slave master

Yes i had hideous scars but what was I suppose to expect when dealing with a crazy slave master. I had put on this moonlight grey dress that kind of have a flow when I walk.  In walked James McCarthy, looking spiffy.

 I couldn't see how he could be a slave master, how he treated me behind closed door -when he wasn't mad- or when i couldn't talk, he wanted to do everything

 I couldn't see how he could be a slave master, how he treated me behind closed door -when he wasn't mad- or when i couldn't talk, he wanted to do everything. Me being who i am, i denied his offering politely or it was either get slapped. I believe Mr.McCarthy suffers from bipolar disorder and multiple personality disorder. For example, one night he told me he loved me and i just stood still for a moment because his eyes and the way he said it was sincere. As we laid there and went to sleep, he cuddled with me but in the morning he wakes me up by pulling me out the bed, by my HAIR. He tells me to fix him something to eat,comes down and start to affectionately kiss me. 

   I had no other options but to narrow down to those two. As he slowly walked down the stares, me waiting with my head down he grabs my hand and leads me toward the horse carriage. "Uhh, Annabelle if you do well tonight i will give you some privileges. A phone call once a week depending on your behavior and you'll be able to go to the lake out back with me by your side."

I just looked at my hands and smiled inward, 'I can finally speak to my parents'. 

"Thank you sir. Promise i'll be on the best behavior."

     "The doctor will be there to check you out before it all starts. I have to make sure my prized nigger is in great health. Aside, from those hideous scares. Why didn't you get a dress that wouldn't show that?"
"I had gotten what you approved of sir. You said, it made me glow even though it was a pretty dull color."

    "I did, well you didn't turn all the way around so i could see your back."

Right then,i knew the conversation was over and i felt my self image go way down. Even though i didn't have any feelings towards this man; he take care of me, shows me affection -sometimes- and he kind of takes up for me when his mother leaves.

 'How grateful am i' But no matter what i need to be on my best behavior. Well show them the manners i never showed him. Walking into the building, i seen the doctor waiting in hand on foot for us. Mr. McCarthy was sure to be spending money with this man. "Good evening Mr.McCarthy and Annabelle." James gave him some recognition as i bowed my head. 

   He walked towards me and start to examine my body, he took a step back and looked up at James. "Uhh Mr.McCarthy, is it okay if we speak over here."

  He walked along his side, in a direction towards the hall,so i couldn't hear what he was saying or James emotions toward the statement. A few minutes have passed and they haven't came back yet,so i sat down next to the doctor's things because i got a little light-headed. Almost an hour has gone by before they came over and i was pulled on abruptly by Mr.McCarthy. "We are leaving right now?"

"But what about the money you spent on this gown and suit sir?"

    "I'll be fine for now, but you have some explaining to do." I just looked at him from the side and saw how angry he was. Now i definitely won't be able to call my mom or dad. The only confinement i had was the source of crying to myself when i was cooking, cleaning, or no where near Mr.McCarthy.

I had got into the wagon -more like pushed- and as we took off the first car for the event rolled right behind us. I just wanted to cry then because this was my actual first time out of the house, without hardly any restrictions. "Um sir, can we stop by a place on the way there."

"Yeah, why fucking not? Where is it?"

  I told him the information so he could tell the pioneer and we was headed in the direction of my house. Now I haven't been here in a month so i hope my dog is still alive, if not that was really my last attachment to my mom and dad as ,Sparky was a gift from them.  As the man slowed down, i was eager to get out and see,even though the house looked deserted and empty. I just wanted to run full force and barge in, but not with idiot next to me. As we got closer, I heard barks which sounded like Sparky. This meant he chewed down the door to get the dog food. 

As soon as i heard a confirming bark i opened the door and he leaped into my arms, and he wasn't a small dog. He licked my face,basically everything a dog supposed to do when they haven't seen their owner. He sniffed me, my stomach and started growling at James. "Shhh, no you can't do that Sparky."

   He stopped and looked at me,really looked at me,walking around my body before,sitting his head in my lap. I got up and started walking around the house for anything,my papers. But saw a mess and decided to go back out the door. I'm glad i raised a smart dog. "Can i bring him please, Master Mccarthy,please"

"No."

   "Please, he's the only thing i have left since i moved down here."

"Yada, yada, I don't care. I can't be raising any more animals."

   I looked down before patting sparky on the head, "See you later big fella." 

I started walking off before , i blurted out," I'm not leaving my dog,god dammit. Kill me and him, but i'm not leaving him."