Greet & Meet

This is my second book that I came up with also. It will be taken point around slavery, so if you're not with it then don't read it. All rights reserved
The two people I'm using as visuals are Briea Dior as Annabelle and Ben Dahlhaus as James McCarthy. Both of those people are talented and successful in what they do. Briea Dior is a entrepreneur you can find her on instagram as well as Ben Dahlhaus.. He is so fine and he's a model, a man bun (my type of white guy 😂), sorry I chose him to be a mean slave owner but hey at least I can give yall a sense that I wanted the slave owner to be fine.
++*+/-=,,/+==-+,==/-*,,=/*-+,,=//-+,,=-+==/,,/*,+/

Annabelle's p.o.v

My life has changed since I moved from the north to the south. Some people asked why I would do this and because it was for my job, as that I go a promotion in the headquarters even though I lived far from it. I thanked the Lord everyday for not being raised as a slave because I didn't know if I were to be able to take such pain the slave master gave when a slave or slaves acted out. I damn sure wasn't going to run, knowing I could get 30 - 50 lashes. Please I'm to pretty for that. I'm not trying to sound like better than anybody but I just can't see myself being a slave, working for a asshole of a man or getting talked to disrectfully by his wife.
I was raised in the north, taught to be respectful but can say whatever I want but at the right time, respectful to my elders and worship God. See my parents and grandparents where light enough to be represented as whites so that's where we got our free ride to the north because of our skin color. Yes I've been raised to know that slavery will hardly go away if we "northerners" don't put a end to it and even then, there are still racist people that just won't let go.
I walk outside going to tend my garden, getting ready to figure out what to plant next when. Two men come into my yard, grabbing me all harshly.
"Excuse me put where are you taking me? "
Both of them acted like they didn't hear me so I asked again but in a disrespectful way, "Can you tell me where you're taking me, this is my... "
Before I could get home out, I was unconscious. Yes they hit me that hard that the impact had put me to sleep.

As I woke up I saw myself and three other women who were of the same complexion, with our hands tied behind our backs. To me, I realized I was about to be sold, I hope I didn't get anybody old because I've heard the story of women of my color. We either got raped, the slave masters mistress, or we were stuck in the house waiting on the slave master or his family's beck and call, and I didn't want to do that.

I looked through the crowds and saw familiar faces from my company and shocked that many of them were actually buying slaves. To be shocked was an understatement I was beyond pissed.
I was working for slave owners and hey didn't even treat me horrible because I was one of the top managers for the company. I just rolled my eyes and searched the crowd once more and saw this one man that I thought I just had to have. Yes he might be married but I didn't care. Yet again I had to think I'm the slave now, I have no rights, I'm dumb as all outdoors, and I'm to only serve my master that's it.
All I was hearing sold until they got to me. "Here we have a young lady that we caught today on her knees in a garden, obviously she likes to work, seems as though she's in good condition. What is the bets starting with, hmm maybe $20?"
I looked at him and thought $20, but we are in slavery times and that kind of cost alot if a soda only cost $0.5. I just waited until he said sold yet again but not before I could hear my new slave master's name which was James McCarthy.
James McCarthy.. James McCarthy, know why is that name so familiar to me. I shrugged it off as I saw a man walk towards me. "Miss I need you to walk with me Mr. McCarthy is waiting in the wagon for you. I don't want any hassle from you or Mr. McCarthy doesn't mind giving his new slaves some lashes on her back."
I nodded and followers his instructions as we got to the wagon. As I walked by all of the men, it was that particular face that I was looking for and I didn't see him.
I rolled my eyes hoping my slave master wasn't old. As we approached the wagon, I peeked in and there he was my sexy new husband. 'Cut it out, unless you want to die', my inner thoughts said ND I just shrugged it off as the other man, I'm assuming a good slave of Mr. McCarthy. He helped me into the wagon as my hands were still tied behind my back. Getting inside this wagon had to be the most awkward thing of today because he didn't look at me at all.
'okay then. '

We rode in total quietness and whennwe pulled up to his house, which isn't far from mine. Let's just say it was very beautiful and well kept. I mean I would die to live in this house, not literally.

As we got out the wagon, Mr. McCarthy helped me out but held me by the rope while he gave me a small tour. "Here you will clean the whole house. Yes you're the only slave in this house, so I expect you to fulfill those duties."
"Okay."
He stared at me, "What? "
"For now on you appoint me as Mater McCarthy, Master James, sir or just master. You got it. "
His last sentence was more of a command than question, so I just nodded my head. He grabbed my mouth, "Say it"
"Umm, yes master McCarthy."
"Good. Now I will show you where you will be sleeping, which is next door to me. Then I'll show you around my plantation. You only get three strikes use them wisely unless you want to be in the fields."
"Mhmmm"

After showing me everything, he sent me to go get measured because it was wearing clothes I wore that field workers didn't wear. "So mulatto, what's your name."
"It's Annabelle sir."
"Nice name for such a young woman, what's your age? "
"I'm 25 years old."
He smiled and walked off drinking his brandy that I poured him.

I didn't know how I was going to get through with this crap because slavery wasn't for me. I rolled my eyes once more before I knew my life was about to actually be hell.

+-/=,**,-+,=-==,*+/,,*/=+*==+,
This is the first chapter of this book ...... Thanks for checking it out.
Guys give me feedback on what you think also, like, comment, and share.😇😇

LIKE
COMMENT
SHARE
PEACE ✌✌