Chapter Forty Eight; Five Months

"Here, come here, Peeta." I say, grabbing onto his arm and guiding him through the doorway to our home. "Are you sure you can walk? I can get Haymitch to come over and help me carry you."

"I'm fine, Katniss." Peeta says, nudging my shoulder. "You're the pregnant one. You should be resting. I can function on my own."

A few days after Peeta woke up, Haymitch and Effie took Willow and Rye back to District 12, while Peeta stayed in the hospital for another two weeks. When I took Willow and Rye to see Peeta after he had waken, I've never seen them cry so much. Though, they weren't sad cries. They were pure tears of joy.

"Don't start with that, Peeta." I whisper, kissing his cheek. "I'm only four months pregnant. You were in a coma for two weeks. Don't think that I'm not going to help you constantly."

"I'm fine, Katniss!" Peeta says as he sits down on the couch slowly. "My greatest concern right now is you and the baby being healthy. I'm perfectly fine. You heard the doctor."

"Ugh," I say, sitting next to him and kissing his cheek. "You do realize that even though I'm pregnant, I can function fully. Right?"

"You know how I am, Katniss." Peeta whispers, placing his hand on my swollen abdomen. "I just worry about my children and you, because you mean so much to me."

"I know." I whisper, leaning onto his chest, careful not to put any pressure on his stitches. "Gosh, we're going to have to tell Willow and Rye as soon as possible. My stomach is getting huge." I smile, shaking my head and placing my hand on my stomach. "I've only got five months to go. It's crazy that in that short amount of time, we're going to have another child."

"We should probably start thinking of names," Peeta says, playing with my hair. I smile, gingerly grasping his hand and placing it on my abdomen.

"Feel." I whisper. "He's moving."

"He?"

"Maybe.... Or maybe she's moving."

"Oh my gosh." Peeta says as our child moves inside of my womb. "That's an active little one."

"It is." I say, smiling. I look at the clock, grinning. "Maybe we should get Willow and Rye over here so we can tell them about the baby."

"Okay."

+++

"Okay, you two." I say as Peeta and I sit across from Willow and Rye. They're acting restless, babbling on about random things and giggling to each other. Haymitch and Effie sit in the kitchen, watching us and laughing silently. "Your daddy and I have some big news, and we need you to focus on us and stay quiet so you'll understand."

They finally settle down, and we are able to speak. Peeta and I exchange a glance, and I smile widely. "Willow, sweetie, do you remember when I told you that you were going to be a big sister? Do you remember what I told you?"

"You told me that there was a baby in your stomach." She replies, looking at me suspiciously. "And that a fairy put him there."

Peeta chuckles, kissing my temple. "Yes, that's what we told you."

"What's going on, mom?" Willow asks, her eyes trailing to my stomach. I place my hand on it, smiling widely.

"Willow, Rye, you are both going to be big siblings." Peeta says. Their faces light up, and Rye looks at me in awe. "Your mommy has a baby in her tummy again, and that means that you're going to be a big brother, Rye."

"A big brother?" Rye exclaims, standing up and running over to us. I pull up my shirt to show him my swollen abdomen, and he places his hand on it curiously. The baby kicks, and he pulls away, giggling. "There really is a baby in there!"

"Can I feel?" Willow asks, coming up to me. She puts her hand where the baby is kicking, and her face shows several emotions.

"You're going to be a big sister again, Willow." I say, offering her a smile.

"I know!" She says, grinning. "I'm excited. This is awesome!"

"Now that you're a little older, you can help a lot more, Willow." Peeta chimes in.

"Me too!" Rye says, jumping onto the couch next to Peeta. Peeta wraps his arms around him, kissing his forehead.

"You too, Rye." I say, chuckling. "Now, who's ready for lunch?" I ask. They both squeal in unison, running into the kitchen for lunch with Haymitch and Effie. They wave over to us, and I smile widely.

"Well, we told them." Peeta says, kissing my forehead. "I'm glad this time, there weren't as many questions."

"We've got five months, Peeta." I say, laughing to myself. "Just wait."