Chapter Fifty; Real.

"Ugh!" I groan, looking over to Peeta who is painting the twins' room. He offers me a smile, biting his lip. "You know, I'm eight months tomorrow. It's almost impossible to carry twins until I'm full term. I could be in early labor!"

"Katniss, Katniss." Peeta says, walking over to me and kissing my temple. I bounce up and down on a birthing ball I bought myself a few months ago, breathing heavily. "We're you in this much pain a month before Willow and Rye were born?"

"No," I whisper, clenching my stomach. "I don't know why I'm in this much pain!"

"Okay," Peeta says, pacing around. "Maybe we can take Willow and Rye to Haymitch and Effie's just in case. We can wait it out and see what happens tonight."

"Okay," I breathe, nodding. I attempt to stand up, and Peeta grabs me to support me. "Come on, let's take you downstairs." Peeta takes me to the couch, and I lay back, clenching my stomach as hard as I can.

"Willow, Rye!" Peeta calls. They run down the stairs, jumping into his arms. "You two are going to spend the night at Uncle Haymitch's house. Is that okay?"

"Yes!" They both squeal. We say our goodbyes, and Peeta leaves to take them to Haymitch's.

The pain seems to subside for a few minutes, but suddenly, I feel something trickle down my leg. At first, I think I peed myself, but I suddenly realize what's happening. My water broke. I'm having two babies.

"Peeta!" I call. "Peeetaaaaaa!!!!!!" He barges through the door, looking at me. "Peeta, the babies are coming!!"

"What?" He asks, running his hands through his hair. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, my water broke!"

"Okay, what should I do?" He asks. I can't help but laugh to myself.

"Take me to the hospital!" I scream, a contraction taking over my body. I breathe heavily as Peeta picks me up, taking me to the car.

He places a towel down on the seat, and. I attempt to get comfortable. "Katniss, I'll get you there as soon as possible." Peeta says, placing his hand on my stomach. He looks at me, smiling widely. "Four kids."

"Yes, we can talk about it later, because I'm in a lot of pain right now!" I scream. Peeta nods, continuing to drive.

+++

"Okay, Katniss." Valeria says. "It seems that you're already eight centimeters. You're going to have to start pushing soon."

I nod, looking over to Peeta who has a huge smile plastered on his face. I take a deep breath, and Peeta comes close to me, kissing my temple.

"Okay, Katniss." He whispers. "You've done this twice. You're a professional." I chuckle softly, trying not to think of the pain.

"I'm going to have to push out two babies this time. That's different."

"You can do it. You're Katniss Mellark."

"Okay, we're going to check how far along you are, Katniss, and then it's going to be time to push. Are you ready?"

"Yes." I say, determination in my voice. I'm ready to meet my two new children.

"Okay, just as I suspected. Ten centimeters. It's time to push."

I nod, and Peeta grabs my hand. "Come on, Katniss! Push!" Valeria says as a contraction comes upon me. I push as hard as I can, throwing myself back onto the bed after ten seconds. The pain is the worst I've ever felt. "Oh, wow." Valeria says. "I already see a head. You must have had some practice," she says, winking. I'm not in the mood for jokes. I just want to get these babies out. As soon as the next contraction approaches, I push as hard as I can. It's not long until I hear small cries bellowing throughout the air.

"Peeta," I whisper, looking at our baby-our son. Peeta cuts the umbilical cord. He is weighed and wrapped up, and handed to Peeta. "Our son is here, Katniss."

"You have to push again, Katniss!" Valeria says. "Here comes the next contraction!" I take a deep breath, pushing as hard as I can. To my surprise, I hear more small cries. Our daughter.

The twins are here.

I'm a mom again.

I have four children.

+++

I hold the twins in my arms, Peeta next to me. He places a small kiss on my temple and I smile widely. "Do you remember our wedding day?" He asks, nudging. Me. I smile.

"Yes, I do. That was the happiest day of my life."

I look over to Willow and Rye who are napping on the couch. They were up all night after the twins were born, so excited. I look down at the twins perfect little faces, then back to Peeta.

"Look how far we've come." He says, running his finger down our daughter's small cheek. "Four children."

"I couldn't have done it without you, you know." I say. "You're my dandelion in the spring."

"You love me, real or not real?" He whispers, kissing my temple.

"Real." I say, chuckling softly. "My love for you is the realest in the world."