Chapter Three; Planning

I wake up and stare at Peeta laying sound asleep. He looks so peaceful, like he doesn't have a care in the world. I look down at the ring fitted perfectly around my finger. It is stunning. I really am the luckiest woman alive.

I lean in to place a soft kiss on Peeta's nose, and his eyes flutter open.

"Good morning, beautiful." He says as he stretches his arms out. "Sleep well?"

"Of course I did, knowing that I'll soon be Mrs. Mellark."

It's true. Ever since Peeta proposed, I've felt safe. I'd only had a few nightmares in the past week, which is a record for me. Most were about Prim, but they're slowly becoming less painful.

"And so did I, knowing that soon you'll be my amazing wife."

I snicker, and place my hand on Peeta's head, stroking his golden locks.

"I called Haymitch," I say. "I told him we were coming over after breakfast with news."

"Okay," Peeta starts. "Maybe then we can stop at Effie's."

"Perfect. I'm going to get a shower, would you like to join me?"

"You know I'd love to, but I just got one last night and I'm going to start breakfast."

"Ughh." I groan. "I guess I'll just have to do what I planned to do in there, here."

I smash my lips against Peeta's, and kiss him softly. It becomes more intense, and Peeta glides his tongue over my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I accept right away, and we begin exploring each other's mouths.

I pull away, and he makes puppy dog eyes at me.

"I have to get a shower," I laugh. "We can continue that later."

I get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom. I quickly hop in the shower and wash my self as fast as I can.

When I'm done, I dress in my favorite purple blouse that Peeta got me and a black skirt. I let my natural waves fall, and put on minimal makeup. For shoes, I just put on my black sandals.

A sweet smell of pancakes creeps up the stairs, and I am instantly lured towards them.

When I get downstairs, I wrap my arms around Peeta and kiss his neck gently.

"Hungry?" Peeta asks.

"Very." I confirm.

Peeta hands me a plate of pancakes and two pieces of bacon. We eat quickly, and make our way to Haymitch's house.

I don't bother to knock, I just walk in, but I immediately regret not knocking.

Haymitch and Effie are sitting on Haymitch's couch making out.

"Oh my gosh." Peeta whispers to me.

I clear my throat, and their attention is turned our way.

"Oh my!" Effie squeals. "Katniss, Peeta."

"Do you know how to knock?" Haymitch asks in a mad tone.

"Um.. I'm sorry I just figured you'd be alone. Sorry, Haymitch."

"It's fine. I figured we'd have to tell you eventually."

"That's right," Effie says with a smile. "We're together now!"

"Oh, wow!" Peeta and I say. "For how long now?"

"Just a few weeks," Haymitch says.

I am truly happy for Haymitch and Effie. After all these years, they deserve to be happy.

"I made some coffee if you'd like some. Sit down, make yourself comfortable." Haymitch says as he hands us both a cup of coffee.

Peeta and I sit at the kitchen table across from the both of them.

"So what's your news, Katniss? You seemed very excited this morning?"

Peeta and I exchange a glance, and I hold my hand up. "We're getting married!"

"Oh my gosh!" They say in unison. "That's amazing. Congrats, you two!"

"Thank you!" I say. "Haymitch, I was wondering if you'd like to give me away? You are like a father figure to me, and it'd be great if you would."

"Of course, Katniss." Haymitch says as he pulls me into a hug.

"And Effie, would you like to be my maid of honor?"

"Yes!" Effie squeals. "That'd be perfect!"

"Alright, well it's all set," I say. "We'd better get going. We need to do all the planning we can."

"Bye!"

___

"So who should we invite?" Peeta asks me as he hands me a note pad.

"Well, obviously Haymitch and Effie, Johanna, Johanna's boy friend, Alder, Annie, Finn, Cressida, Pollux, his wife Scarlett, Beetee, and who else?"

"We can't forget Plutarch and Paylor."

"Oh, and my old prep team. They'll have to get me ready for the big day, so they'll obviously be invited."

"That sounds good!" Peeta says.

"Okay, and what about a venue?"

"Well," Peeta starts. I was thinking we could have it at the meadow. It could be an outside wedding. You could ride a carriage to the ceremony, and we can even get married under the willow tree."

A few tears escape from my eyes as I imagine the ceremony. I love the idea almost as much as I love the fact we're getting married.

"That is perfect, Peeta." I whisper.

"What kind of flowers do you want?"

"I want to have rue flowers up and down the aisle, and I would like a bouquet of Prim Roses, just because I want to carry her with me."

"That sounds lovely," Peeta says as he leans in for a kiss.

"I can't wait to be your wife."

__
Authors Note:
Sorry for a sort of boring chapter! The next will be very good. I've been so busy. I apologize for not updating.