Nick was Poppy's five year old, turning six tomorrow, brother. And we were going to his party tomorrow. Well, the McArdles were going. I was just tagging along because I didn't have anything better to do.

"True. Still, someday she's gonna get herself in so much trouble..."

"Who's gonna get in trouble?" a voice came and our heads turned to find Poppy.

"You."

She rolled her eyes.

"Tell me something new, man," she said, reaching inside her pocket and pulling out a key.

"You're leaving already," Asher said.

"Yep. It's only 9 and if I drive fast enough I'll get home by midnight to surprise Nick," she said.

Asher sighed and stood up.

"Come here," he opened his arms.

Poppy narrowed her eyes and shook her head.

"You know, I don't like hugs," she said but she went into his arms anyway.

"But I also know deep inside you die for my hugs," he said embracing her.

"Take care, Ash," she whispered.

He nodded.

"Hey! Don't make me feel left out," Ashton whined. "I thought I was your favorite cousin," he grumbled.

"I never said that," Poppy said pulling away. "You said I was your favorite cousin."

Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Don't tell your brother I said that," he warned but he opened his arms.

"Stop being needy," she muttered.

Ashton huffed.

"Fine. Whatever. I'll hug Ellie. I bet her hugs are better than both of yours combined," he said, smirking.

All of them looked at me. It seemed like they finally remembered I was here when Ashton said this. I squirmed uncomfortably under their gazes.

"You'll give me a hug, won't you?" Ashton said with puppy dog eyes, arms still outstretched.

I stood up, crimson coloring my cheeks as I mumbled, "Yeah sure."

He grinned and literally skipped to where I was standing. He took me in his arms for a bone crushing hug. I couldn't even count how many times I'd dreamed about this moment. But he ruined it for me. I couldn't just forget that he saw me just as his sister no matter how much I tried to.

But my heart was a little bitch. It enjoyed any form of affection he gave me. He was warm and I instantly felt comfortable in his arms.

A cough made us break apart.

"I was right. Better than both of you combined," Ashton said, his one arm still around me.

"Whatever," Asher said as he glared at us.

He was so petty! He couldn't even bare the thought of someone being better than him at anything. Be it being a popstar or giving hugs. I bet he believed he was the best popstar the world ever had.

"See you later then," Poppy said and started to go. But instead of going back where she first came from she went the other way.

We all looked at her in confusion. Just as I was about to tell her that the door was the other way she turned around.

"And don't let your mom know I left until after tomorrow," she said and disappeared around the corner.

Asher sighed.