Chapter 1

Hi guys, so this is officially my first upload onto wattpad and i'm extremely excited yet terrified.

I hope you guyz enjoy this first chapter and i'll try my best to upload by next weekend.

Comment and vote....

Thanx a lot

Jazmin

Picture of Rachel------>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I ran my fingers along my name engraved in gold writing on the paper that officially declared me to be a qualified paediatrician. Finally after 5 long and tiresome years, those missed vacations and long study hours have paid off. I was still trying to comprehend that after a few months of training I would officially be Doctor Rachel Grey. I smiled at that and placed my degree back in its honoured position, which was situated on my work desk. It wasn’t the best of spots but my new apartment didn’t quite have enough space for an awards cabinet. I am not complaining, I love my new apartment, its cosy and feels like home. It was perfect for a 23 year-old, newly qualified doctor starting her new job.

I sighed and turned in my desk chair spotting my favourite picture in the world. In it I saw the most happy, care-free family. My mom and dad were holding each other whilst my sister and I were hugging each other, standing in front of my parents. My mum had the biggest smile ever and I missed those smiles whenever I was down. My mum passed away when I was fifteen and my sister was thirteen, from cancer and it was a huge blow to us, especially to my dad. He was always a happy-go-lucky guy, but after my mums death he lost some of his wittiness. He still tried to put on a brave smile for me and my sister, but I could always see the pain in his eyes. He was there for us when we needed him most and that’s why I always tried my best to make him proud. I was always the responsible one between me and my younger sister, Lisa. Well the truth is after you met my sister, even Lindsay Lohan would look more responsible than her.

Lisa despised studying and whenever she was reprimanded for her care-less ways, she would say, “I don’t need to study and work hard, that’s why I have a father and sister”. I loved my sister but sometimes her looks and charming personality would get to her head and it always drove me crazy.

I sighed and turned back to my small bedroom, which at the moment held a single bed, my work desk and a mini walk-in closet. It was literally all I needed. I stood up from my desk and headed towards my closet. Tonight I was celebrating my graduation and I couldn’t wait to let loose after all the studying. I smiled as I chose a tight dark blue skinny jeans which made my long legs look longer, a plain white v-neck t-shirt, which showed off my small waist and lastly a black waist coat to go over. I wasn’t one of those girls who would wear a mini dress with 5 inch heels to a club. I actually wanted to enjoy myself. I pulled on my black flat boots over my jeans and brushed my dark brown hair into neat waves that fell down my back. I wore some eyeliner and mascara to enhance my light blue eyes, giving them a sparkle. Not bothering with a purse or hand bag, I grabbed my phone and wallet off my desk and shoved them into my pockets.

I walked through my apartment, making sure everything was in place before making my way out. I glanced down the hallway as I locked my doors but none of my neighbours were wandering around. I got into the elevator and I couldn’t stop the grin from coming out. I began whistling the tune to Secrets by One Republic and tapping my feet to the tune. As I stepped out of the elevator I saw Jack, our doorman. Jack was a sweet old man who always made me smile with his cute comments.