Chapter 22

Brian's POV

The show that night was even better than last nights. The crowd was bigger, the hype was greater, overall the atmosphere at the show last night was wilder. The after party was fun too. I spent most of the time with the guys and the girls drifted off on their own and decided to dance their hearts out.

It was weird seeing Missy have a shit ton of fun without Amanda there. Aren't they supposed to be best friends? Wouldn't she be constantly texting Amanda asking if she's okay or how she's feeling. Missy seemed like she was phony if you ask me...I mean, right now she was talking and laughing with Zack. I was beyond confused. But Gena didn't even seem to care! No doubt about it that Zack and Gena's interest was fading slowly.

"Brian, come dance with us!" Michelle and Missy pulled me to the dance floor.

I could tell Missy definitely had some alcohol in her. She hated me and here she was practically dancing on me.

"You're a really good dancer." she looked up at me with her big mint green eyes.

"Oh, thanks," I laughed "I'll be back in a while I've gotta find someone."

I didn't want to be rude, but I honestly couldn't stand this. I quickly walked away and took a swig of my beer as Jim came over and patted my back.

"Loving life, buddy?"

Yeah, he's drunk...

"Loving every minute of it, Jims." I smiled as he walked over to another group of random people.

I felt like I should go back to the hotel. I wasn't feeling too great, myself. So I grabbed my things and headed out the door. I took a taxi back and when I got to my room, I didn't hear anything from Amanda's room across the hall. Maybe she was sleeping.

I took a shower and changed into more comfortable clothes and decided to go for a walk on the beach.

It was warmer outside tonight than it was last night when I sat here with Jims.

I stopped in my tracks before I step foot onto the sand when I saw Amanda walking along the shore in a long nightgown. I had to admit, it was really pretty on her...the way it flowed and how the moonlight made the pastel pink silk shine.

I watched her for a little bit. She seemed to be thinking hard. She definitely seemed to be better than earlier. Hell, she was at least walking now.

I had words spinning around my head I knew I had to say something to her while we were alone and it was peaceful here.

"Hey..." I said.

She stopped walking and looked at me. She stared at me for a couple of seconds. But like I predicted she ignored me and kept walking.

"I see you're feeling better." I caught up to her and started walking next to her.

No response.

"It was a great show tonight. Too bad you weren't there."

Nothing.

I huffed and started to get annoyed.

"Well, I tried." I shrugged as I turned around and started to head the opposite direction.

"Since when did you care about my presence and well-being?"

I stopped walking.

But then I turned around.

"What?"

"You heard me..." she said calmly but stared me in the eye.

The sound of the water hitting the shore echoed for a moment before I found the right words.