Chapter 9

I sat with my phone pressed against my ear on my couch. I left Brian's not too long after I took the pills.

"Hello?"

"Missy! Are you alright?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, are you okay? I tried calling you like-"

"I know, I know, I saw the missed calls this morning. Do you want to come over my place tonight, I'm not up for drinking for a while."

"Of course, I'll be over around four."

When four arrived Missy showed up. I answered the door and she gasped.

"Before you say anything, wait until you hear what happened." I spoke with a serious tone.

I sat her down on the couch and explained the whole thing. Everything Brian and Jimmy told me about how much I drank to the first accident I had to how I ended up at Brian's house.

"You were at his house?" her eyes shot out of her head.

"Yes. But the worst is yet to come. I woke up the next morning in his bed, naked, with him next to me."

Missy slowly shook her head and sighed heavily.

"I-I'm so sorry, Amanda I should've been there to make sure you got home okay I was just-"

"Just what?"

Missy smiled and shook her head.

"I am so...so sorry."

"Don't worry about it, I'm alright."

"So what happened after that?"

"Well," I raised my eyebrows, "I sat with them while I ate the breakfast Jimmy made for me, listened to them tell me what happened, and Brian gave me some Aspirin for my throbbing headache and he was upstairs the rest of the time. I left once the pain pills kicked in."

"Are you sure the pills didn't have rat poison in them?"

I laughed.

"No, I feel fine. Even Jimmy told me quietly that he wasn't up to anything."

Missy was speechless. And honestly, so was I.

"Brian had my phone," I spoke up, "that's why I never answered."

"Why did he have-"

"Long story. Apparently I tried calling the cops on them." I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Well at least drunk Amanda had some smarts."

"But the only thing I wonder is why was I naked? And he wasn't. When he got up he was just wearing a pair of sweats and he changed into a T-Shirt."

Missy bit her lip.

"Maybe you were eye-candy?"

I groaned and hid my face in my hands.

"It's alright," she hugged me, "I'm sure you'll find out about it sooner or later."

"I'm so embarrassed..."

"It's alright, r-"

Ring...

Missy and I looked at each other.

Ring...

"Is that yours or mine?" I asked as Missy checked her phone.

Ring...

"No." she shook her head.

I looked around and found my phone, reading the caller ID.

"Who is it?"

I blinked and turned the screen to face her.

Call from...
Brian Haner

"Don't answer it," she said as I dropped my phone quickly as if it was a gross bug, "why do you have his number anyways?"

"I never did! H-he must have put it in my phone while he had it!" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Amanda, all of the texts." her eyes widen.

It was a frequent thing for us to mock them or make really dark jokes about them while we texted. But really, who doesn't have their jokes with their best friend about the people they don't like?

"I'm sure he didn't read them...even if he did I don't really care because-"

1 new voicemail

Missy and I stared at the phone then looked up at each other.

We both slowly smiled and then burst into laughter.

"Shit!" I cried as she pointed and laughed at me.

"Looks like Cryin Brian has a love interest." she laughed some more.

I placed my hands on my hips and squinted my eyes.

"Oh, and like Zick the Dick doesn't?"

"Alright, we gotta check this." she started to pick up my phone but I grabbed it first.

"No, I'm checking this later."

"How come?"

I blinked and realized she had a point. What difference did it make?

I opened the voicemail and put it on speaker as we sat back on the sofa.

"One new voice message." the robot lady spoke as it beeped after.

"Amanda, it's Brian. Jims and I thought you could join us tonight for a 7:00 cookout at Zack's place. If not it's no biggie but your friend can tag along too. The address is 0830 Boundary Avenue. See you there if you show. Oh, and Jim hopes you got home alright. See you."

Click.

"Well someone wants to get laid."

I looked at Missy with a raised eyebrow.

"Should we?" I asked.

"Amanda, it's Brian. Brian!"

"I know, we don't have to talk to him. We could just-"

"Alright listen," she said, "I know what you're thinking...this idiot is up to something and I'm dying to know what's up too."

"Okay thank you."

"And this time I'll be there and I won't leave until you do."

"Thank you, Missy. You're the best." I hugged her.

"Besides," I pulled back, "the girlfriends are super fun, we'll just talk to them."

"Oh that should be interesting...the girls who got sucked into the trap. Well I'm ready." Missy stood.

"It's not till seven, we've got an hour and a half until it even starts. Besides, maybe there will be a lot of people there so we wanna show up a little later so we will hopefully mix in with the people."

"Good thinking. Alright, I'll pick you up at seven-thirty then." Missy nodded as she rushed out the door.

I sat on my couch and played the voicemail again.

"Amanda, it's Brian. Jims and I thought you could join us tonight for a 7:00 cookout at Zack's place. If not it's no biggie but your friend can tag along too. The address is 0830 Boundary Avenue. See you there if you show. Oh, and Jim hopes you got home alright. See you."

Right...