Chapter 11

Jimmy's POV

My mouth opened when Brian just asked Amanda where she went for half of her senior year. Of course he knew, along with almost everyone else, but what was going through his head that made him ask that?

Yes, I am guilty of harassing the living hell out of Amanda in high school, and I regret it. I've come to terms that she's not all that bad. She was insanely fun that night at the bar. Zack would agree too. She is, in fact, extremely cautious and quiet when she's sober but who could blame her? I understood completely. That's why I tried my best to make her feel liked and welcomed.

Amanda was staring at Brian. Her nose pointed in the air slightly and her eyebrows raised with a deep frown painted on her face. She wasn't happy. Neither was I, really.

"You know what goes good with s'mores" I asked, "a tall glass of milk. Just like how my family did it when we made s'mores. You'd dip the s'mores in the milk like you do with Oreos" I stood up with a grin, "who wants to join me?"

"Jim..." Matt whispered as he shook his head and I slowly sat back down.

"Tell us, Amanda..." Brian stared back at her with a bold smug look washed upon his face.

He made me frown. Brian is my best friend and I love him to death, but when he was like this...actually...I've never seen him like this!

"Tell us Brian," Missy took a sip from her water, "where were you?"

Matt and the other guys sat up a bit while the girls focused hard.

Brian looked away and toyed with the roasting stick.

"Oh that's right," she tilted her head to the side, "you were too busy doing drugs, drinking, and having sex with other girls while you knew where she was," Missy squinted her eyes and leaned forward, "don't think I don't know shit."

My jaw dropped. And so did everyone else's a little bit. But it was getting heated when Missy stood.

"Who here doesn't know what happened?"

Lacey, Michelle, Leana, and Gena raised their hands.

"Well let me tell you a stor-"

"Missy..." Amanda sighed and shook her head, looking at the ground.

"I'm not trying to embarrass you, I'm trying to help you get your words across to him." she glared at Brian then looked back to the four girls.

"Michelle," Missy smiled, "you were dating Brian in high school, right?"

She nodded.

"Did Amanda's name ever come up?"

She shook her head.

"Brian, along with the others, have harassed Amanda so much that it led to the point where this happened," she held up Amanda's arm and rolled up the sleeve. Loads of scars rested on the skin surface and it gave me the chills, "but that's not all," she let her arm back down, "it lead to the point where poor old Amanda was hospitalized for attempted suicide."

The girls looked at us quickly then looked away.

"She was out of school for half of the year. The year. Thanks to them, mainly Brian. But you know what? I'm not really angry with the other guys. They've been welcoming and treating not just Amanda, but me as well, like friends now. So thank you," she turned back to the guys and nodded but then turned back to the girls, "and thank you guys too! You've been super friendly and extremely fun to socialize with. But...just when you thought things were good again," she looked back at Brian, "someone's gotta come along and start a fuck up," she walked towards him, "and someone's just gotta come along and try to break someone who's already been broken. Why? I don't know. But apparently he does! So tell us Brian," she leaned forward to his face, "why?" she smiled, nose to nose with him as he stared back at her with a blank expression.

"Alright let's just calm down, alright? It's in the past." Zack spoke up as we all agreed.

"Just let it go" Matt took a swig of beer.

Brian stood, the plate on his lap falling with the metal stick.

"And where were you, bitch? You claim to be her best friend so where were you?"

"Excuse me but I was being harassed as well," she let out a little laugh and placed her hand on her chest, "but this isn't about me. This is about Amanda. And for the record, she and I became close in college. I still knew about all of this, why, you ran your mouth to the whole school!"

"Missy-" Amanda stood.

"Shush," she sat her back down and turned to Brian, "listen, I just want to know one thing, and that's why you've gotta continue to hurt someone who didn't do a damn thing to you."

She had a point. And I think everyone else would agree with me, seeing that we all remained silent and watching.