Chapter 28: A Ring and a Promise

It was a Saturday afternoon and Katelyn was sitting in her room like usual. Ever since she started dating Travis, she was never really alone. She had a year of never really being separate from the man she loved. He had gone out of town for the weekend and she finally could get back to what she used to do;

Absolutely nothing.........
She forgot how bland her life was before all of the dating happened. The only thing she could think of was watching anime all day and going out to the park.
----20 episodes of One Piece later----

Katelyn closed out of kiss anime. She didn't think it was a good idea to just spam watch this all day. She decided to go to the park just to get some fresh air and maybe even get a few people there to play some sport or something. She walked down and sat on a bench with a book in hand, starting to read.

"Hey there."
Katelyn looks up, unsure of who is talking to her.
"Umm... Hi..." She replies. The person was a guy, average height and decent looks. She didn't know what he wanted and honestly didn't care; she just wanted to read her damn book.
"You lookin fi-"
"Listen, sorry. I'm kinda-" Katelyn sneaks a ring she had in her pocket onto her finger,
"Engaged so..." She holds back laughter.
"Oh uh..... Erm....heh heh.... Sorry.... I'll just eh..... Be on my way then..... Have a n-nice day..." The man walked away. Katelyn held the book over her face to hide the fact that she was about to burst out laughing. Every time someone approached her, she just slid a ring on her finger to use as an excuse to not talk to some random guy. Usually, it worked. Sometimes, a nice slap to the face usually stops it. Or tripping him on the sidewalk so his friends would make fun of him. Katelyn quietly laughed, continuing to read her book, though she was unable to maintain focus. All she could think about was if Travis was okay. She needed a distraction but just couldn't stop thinking about him. It's funny to think that only a few years ago she would call the kid "Trevor" and now, she can't get his name out of her head. Sudden thoughts popped into her head like what if the ring she was wearing was an actual engagement? No no no. She needed to stop that. Just read your book, Katelyn; no daydreaming about how adorable you and Travis's kids would be. It's not daydreaming; it's just thinking! Uhshshhwowoek.
She really needed a distraction. She placed the bookmark back in the book and walked to the house. She went back to anime to successfully take her mind off of things, (and by things, I mean Travis.)

---WHAT TRAVIS HAS BEEN DOING THE ENTIRE CHAPTER ON HIS WEEKEND LEL---

Travis placed the single flower down on the small patch of dirt that hadn't grown grass fully over it yet. Taking a deep breath, he looks at the ground. He clears his throat.
"Hey, uh. When I was little, you used to tell me 'your father... Is not. A good man. Like he used to be... I'm making you give me this promise; you will go out there and meet a girl and treat her right, okay? Promise me that, Travis.'," he pauses and lightly chuckles, remembering when life was much more simple,
"and I'd just smile and nod and just tell you what you wanted-what you needed- to hear. But now... I just wanted to tell you, mom,"

"I finally met that girl...

And I'll treat her right. Just like you asked. Just like I promised. For you mom, and for her."

-------------
That title was a bit misleading lel. Have a great weekend that's after this Friday xD. This note is not fitting the emotion in the scene BUT I'd like you guys to give a few chapter ideas and maybeeeee I'll use yours and credit them :)

Just comment them and we will see if I can write them for ya.
-DOGGO OUT