Chapter 13: The Third Of July

The credits rolled from the movie on the tv in Travis' room ending. Travis couldn't take it anymore. He turned off the tv and locked eyes with Katelyn, sitting to her side but turned to her. "Just tell me what's wrong, Katelyn. I can tell something is still bothering you."
"It's nothing."
"Obviously it's something cuz you can't focus on anything else."
"Fine- I'll tell you..." Katelyn sighed. "I saw your account on the one thing I never log onto. I saw all the depressing and sad thoughts you had. I saw the complete other side of you I didn't even know existed- the side you keep burying deeper and deeper inside you till it burns you from the inside out. It was like seeing a completely different person that you hid from me."
Travis took a second to take in the situation. He tried to find the right words to say.
"Katelyn I.... Uh, I...." Travis closed his eyes to hold back any type of tears that wanted to escape. "I'm dying inside. It's like I'm falling and there's nothing I'm able to grasp or hold onto that could save me- not even hope anymore. Like I'm lost in a forest without a map or a lantern to guide the way. I'm like a car with no steering wheel- Only somewhat functional. I guess what I'm trying to say is..." He opened his eyes and looked directly into Katelyn's blue eyes. "I need help. Anything. Please. You're the closest to someone who cares if I'm dead or not and I really need the one person in my life who cares to be okay. If you're not okay, that's pushing me further and closer to dying from the fall, giving me a map out of the forest, only to take it from my hands and burn it. Tearing the wires in the somewhat functional car that is my life and shutting it down to a point where it's not even good enough to sell for scrap metal. So please Katelyn, don't worry. That only makes this worse. Just being with you is enough to cure me. I'll be okay as long as you stay with me."
Katelyn didn't know what to say. She just soaked in each word Travis spoke like a sponge, hoping she could be able to scrub away the problems and pain he feels. She knew that saying nothing was better than saying the wrong words, so she didn't speak. She just held him close and hoped her arms were enough to pull him away from the crippling sadness he felt inside.

---------
435 words? I think I can call that a rap. 😂 Sorry it took a lil while to update. I just got a lil sick then a lil behind in school from the sickness. I will upload the next chapter before Monday and it may or may not end up being over 500 words. No promises- but no shut downs. :)))))) till then- DOGE OUT!!!
*drops mic*
Another thing real quick- what do you think of me writing a small chapter to submit to Aphmau for the fanfic reading videos? I'll write the small one and a normal one that day so it's only MORE not LESS of the story! Comment to let me know.
And also, WE AT 8k READS! HOW?!?