Chapter 2: The Rose

Travis stood at the door, red rose in hand, stalling to press the doorbell. He didn't know why he wouldn't just hit the button. He didn't know why he deleted the message. The one that explained quickly but accurately how he felt:

Katelyn: What do you want, Travis?

Travis: You. *deleted message*

He quickly discarded his previous thoughts by trying to defend his actions to himself. She'd smack me across the face if I sent it... yeah... He stop his thoughts and pressed the doorbell. The door slowly creaked open to Katelyn as Travis stood there frozen. Even though she was wearing the same attire as always, she looked stunning.

"What're you doing, Travis?" Katelyn says in her usual annoyed and un-amused voice that he simply adored. He quickly gathered himself enough to make a witty comment.

"Just taking in the view." He remarked with a wink. Travis braced himself for a hit to the face but to his surprise, Katelyn didn't even do as much as roll her eyes. She started to chuckle lightly. His heart melted at her laugh but he looked normal and perfectly fine from the outside.

"Travis, I've lost count of how many times I've hit you and it's done no good so I'm done trying to stop your flirty remarks." He handed her the rose.

"Oh, uh. Thanks Travis." He offered his arm and Katelyn, rolling her eyes, took it. They walked to the black Mini Cooper and sat in the front seats.

"So... where're we headed off to?"

"You'll see."

"Travis, I'm not gonna play some game of 'Guess Who' with you. Either tell me or I'll get out of the car."

Travis, stunned by Katelyn's threat and scared for her to follow through it, told her where they were going and told her quickly.

"Out to dinner at this place called Je t'aime.'' Travis pauses before finishing, mentally checking if it's okay to add on, "It means I love you In french."

Katelyn tries to break the tension and silence with a comment.

"Bit of a cheesy title, don't ya think?" Katelyn could say anything she wanted to for now, but her ice blue hair wouldn't hide the heat that rushes to her cheeks the entire night. Travis shrugs off her comment, knowing it's just part of her whole 'too cool for liking people' act. The car's speed slowly decreases as they turn a corner and stop the car. The two step out of the car, making their way to the curb. They make it to the door and Travis grabs the handle. He opened the door, gesturing to Katelyn.

"After you." Katelyn, still slightly not used to Travis being so mannerful, stepped through the door. Travis spoke to the hostess to get their table and turned back to Katelyn, who was against the wall waiting, to tell her that it was a small wait. But what he saw was later known as the first moment of this date he'd never forget.