Prologue

As promised, I am writing another book called Dragon's Heart. I hope you enjoy. This prologue will shift from different things, so you gonna want to read it to fully understand what is going one.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy

-Rivalee

Unedited

"Mommy, mommy look at what I can do!" He shouted as he ran to his mother.

"That's very nice sweetie." She said without looking at him. After awhile she looked at him and a saw fire enimating from his hand. He beamed with pride, his mother's eyes were filled with tears. He smiled at his mom and went outside to play.

"Liline, Adven!" His mother shouted.

"Coming", the two children said as they scampered like dogs across the floor.

"Do you kids want to play?" She asked them. Just then their dad walked in.

"Now how are my beautiful kids doing."he said with a smile.

"Were doing awesome dad." They replied in unison.

Liline jumped and said, "dad dad I cleaned my room all by myself."

Adven piped in, "No way I helped with that room."

Liline scoffed, "You don't count Adven."

"Hey you guys go play outside. Me and daddy have some work to do. " their mother said.

"So how is Veren?"He asked when the kids went out to play outside.

Her eyes filled with tears when her husband asked her that.

"It's not fair for Veren." She sobbed.

"As much as I regret what's happened to him, he is our son and we have to protect him," he replied.

"Mom, dad," a little voice said.

"Yes veren."

"Huh come mommy is sad?" Veren asked.

His dad bent down so he could be the same size as his son.

"Mommy just needs a big strong little boy to look after her."

"I want to look after mommy."He said excitedly

"Are you a big strong little boy?"

"Yes I get that from my daddy."

He smiled and said," you know what Veren, I have to work a lot so I can't be here to look after mommy, but if you promise me that you will look after her no matter what, then I will give you that responsibility."

"I promise daddy." He said with so much determination, "what do I do first?"

His mother bent down to him and said, "Well right now in order to look after me, I need you to go make sure your brother and sister are playing nicely."

"Okay," he ran outside when is mom and dad gave him a kiss on the head.

"Is he doing better?" Veren's father asked her.

"It seems it's only getting worse, I fear it might be permanent." she said solemnly.

"We have to keep trying."

"I know."she sighed.

"That will be a heavy burden for him to carry if we don't take care of it."

"I know, I am just so worried about him."His mother said as she looked at her son.

"Guys can I play?"Veren asked his brother and sister.